What's new

Worst nightmare...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Terrible that the officer was brought to that. Seems like the suspect was not right mentally.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Sad it had to come to that...And on another sad note, I think it's wrong an officer has to repeatedly give instructions to the guy with the gun and only when it is pointed at the officer or a shot is fired at the officer, then the officer can shoot. Shoot when threatened, not shoot when about to killed.

I saw a real tragic video like that, I'll have to see if I can dig it up. I think the guy in the video I saw was always a few fries short of a HappyMeal.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Definitely agree with you on that commands Cliff, I think he should have acted sooner.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
He should have shot the guys legs out from under him the instant he got out of the truck with a rifle on his shoulder.

I'm glad the officer wasn't injured.

cigarsarge

BOHICA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
He should have shot the guys legs out from under him the instant he got out of the truck with a rifle on his shoulder.

Police officers are trained to shoot center mass. Leg shots do not disable a trigger finger.

In Tenessee the law states an officer must ID himself as such and state he will use deadly force before using it. Fortunately most courts realize an officer may not have time to do that and are take each situation on a case by case evaluation.

I've been on the scene of several officer involved shootings. It is tramatic for all involved.