What's new

Worth it to go to Cuba? Questions...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vacation coming up, 18 days, in July. I have always wanted to go to Cuba but is it worth going in the summer or is it too miserably hot? Specifically, I have been looking to buy a few boxes of Behike to age...don't they release them around the end of spring/early summer? Are they mostly exported or can you find them easily in Cuba? Prices?
How about Reserva and Gran Reserva?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
hard to find for the last few months,with the cost of the trip you could probably find some at a real vendor for the same $$.

pm sent.......

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
They are released when they are made, and they go fast.
No obvious date of production or release.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting. So Cuba could be hit or miss. Do they have a set price in Cuba? I'm assuming they do, because I would only buy from LCDH. But I've heard that they save all the BHK they get for their VIP clients.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like finding the rarer releases. Regular production I can get anywhere. I buy at least one box to smoke, and whatever else to keep and age.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
First question... yes it will definitely be hot and humid at that time of year. Not all tourist places and accommodations have A/C, so it's up to you what you can handle and still enjoy. Secondly, don't waste your time planning a trip to Cuba if you are only looking for Behike and high end cigars like Reservas/GRs. As said above, they are held for the professional flippers that go there monthly. And no one knows when Behike will be produced...

If you like to travel and want to go to a unique/great place, then go enjoy some cigars and rum. You can get great deals on some regular production, some are much cheaper than any vendor.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I still don't understand the requirements for visiting Cuba. Love to plan a visit but do you have to have family or be part of a sanctioned group?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a visa, but for example if you fly Delta, you fill out paperwork to get one before you board. $50 cost. Delta flies to Havana from Atlanta, Miami, and Tampa, I believe.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I thought there was some type of requirement to do charity or educational work while on the island?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It was a once in a lifetime trip for me. Do all the lcdh stories have everything? Hell no. Can you find better prices than grey market sources? You bet. Would I go just to pick up cigars? No way. Do I want to go back? Once is enough, thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I want the experience, the rum, the women, etc. lol
I have been reading too much Hunter S. Thompson...maybe I should just wait for next year and go to the Habanos festival. Make it worth my while, you know?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The women are nothing to write home about. Go to Texas. You'll find hotter women there.