What's new

Would this concern you? (Buying Boswell online)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
http://www.boswellpipes.com/lavanw91114.html

I see a (possibly intended) crack/crevice near the rim of the bowl on this pipe. Other than that, I really like this pipe.

Would you call Boswell and ask if it's a possible issue and take their word for it that it isn't? Would you want it documented in case the bowl ends up splitting at that point so you could get it repaired/replaced?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm not seeing what you are talking about, but then again I am blind... not really I just cant see it. As for Boswells, you aint gonna find nicer folks. They only sell top notch stuff, I know cause I has at least 11 of their pipes and love them all. Call then and talk to them about your concerns, but beware, You will like it and them so much that it could get really expensive over time, I know this too cause they are making number 12 for me now....

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You don't see that notch at the rim in the second pic? And in the first pic you can see the crease/whatever it belongs to.

I already have their fishing vest pipe and love it. And this would be great for work breaks, since it's small.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
call them up. i have heard nothing but solid about those kids.

and, yes, i DO see what you're talking about, but it looks to me to be that super-craggy rustication on it, and nothing more. kinda like you don't expect a nording-style "freehand" to be flat on the rim, right? it's not a notch so much that the rest just rises irregularly up over that point.

also, dead sexy briar. hope you wind up owning it. o)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It is a Beautiful looking pipe and as another has already said you can't go wrong with a Boswell.... Then looking at the pictures and the PRICE for 109 buy a couple... and the name kind of says it all for me..... Lava Rock Briar Nose-Warmer – Deep & Craggy Texture That is nice looking pipe. Yeah lets see some pictures when it gets home. Nice pipe..

James

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Just so this thread has a happy ending, the pipe arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. I wouldn't have had any concerns about it had I first seen it in person.

And just like my previous order, Boswell goes above and beyond, including everything you'd need to smoke it upon arrival. Included in the box, for the price of just the pipe:

Awesome pipe!
1oz Tobacco of choice
Matches
Pipe tool
Small bundle of pipe tools