What's new

Would you purchase?

Would you purchase from a online vendor who is going out of business?

• Yes - I trust everyone

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No - They will most likely take my money and run

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you knew of a site that was closing would you purchase anything from them. Becasue a lot of times you can get pretty good deals, but you have to worry about them taking you money and not shipping your goods. Just thought I'd ask.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
It depends on what type of goods you are looking at..

ones that are legal to ship here or not IMO...

If they were accessories or legal goods yea I would most likely if not then I think that I would stay away...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
hmmm, i was just thinking about that as yahoo auctions is quitting. if i had used them in the past w/o problems, i probably would. always remember the adage: If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

jeff

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
then yea I would consider it a lot more... if you trust the people and have done business with them in the past or know other people that have then go for it.. It may not hurt to post who it is and see if some of the brothers here have experience with them if you dont..

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That's what got me thinking about it, but I have also seen this with some other stores too. I have had a tendency to stay away, but just wanted to get others input.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
tough question...think i'd ask around and lolok for some recommendations. maybe someone has even dealt with people with the company personally and can shed some light on the validity of the offers.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, I'd go for it. If the deal's good, why not? My credit card folks would not take kindly to someone not sending me any goods, just like waterboy said.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Why not spell out the vendor or the site for us to make a better informed answer? (Unless you think we will all jump on the deals ahead of you).

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Why not spell out the vendor or the site for us to make a better informed answer? (Unless you think we will all jump on the deals ahead of you).
The vendor/site is Yahoo Auctions. There are a lot of individuals/vendors on there so I figured it would mess up my poll since people who shop there a lot would probably say Yes and those who didn't would say No.

I thought that was already stated in one of the above post.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
The vendor/site is Yahoo Auctions. There are a lot of individuals/vendors on there so I figured it would mess up my poll since people who shop there a lot would probably say Yes and those who didn't would say No.

I thought that was already stated in one of the above post.

It was mentioned, but not confirmed. I am not familiar with the site myself so I will not vote either way. I would just read the fine print provided by the site as to what they will do should something go bad before being shut down. Like Waterboy says, most times you are coved by your credit card provider too. You should be OK knowing Yahoo's reputation.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
One of the guys I'm buying from I'd dealt with before, but the other I hadn't.

I also didn't think we were suppose to list retailers who were not sponsered until I read Tedski's post on the Torano Noventa Box Split. (Just to clear up the reason I initally did not list the site)

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea, I do not know anything about Yahoo auctions.. but doesnt yahoo control and monitor the sales and everything, I still think that it would stand even if they knew it was ending...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i won't be buying from anyone i haven't previously bought before! and, can't use ****** for the purchase of tobacco, so, that pretty much excludes the credit card route. there's no protection when you send a money order (at least, i don't know of one). be careful, as i see the opportunity for scams!!

jeff

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i've had problems with yahoo auctions in the past. they are NOT quick to respond, and, have not done so on one occassion in the past. again, be careful.