What's new

Wounded Warrior Project Raffle

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Friend of mine is doing this. They are a military family living in Las Vegas. Lisa and her husband, Mark are the backers of the foundation. She has this posted on another forum I frequent. I am putting it here for those who may be interested in either of the prizes or helping provide for wounded soldiers.

This is a great raffle with a chance to

a) help, in some very small way, those who have stood to protect us and
b) get, for a really small price for a chance at over $8,000.00 in prizes that have been donated.

Just go to their website www.starsandstripesfoundation.org, register and buy some tickets.

This is not a scam, these people really exist and are, inlcuding their sons, either in, working for or retired from the military.

Thanks, JBD

Below this point I copied from Lisa's posting.

SPECIAL DRAWING! $25 per ticket! LOG IN TO REGISTER!

www.StarsandStripesFoundation.org

Our goal is to send $10,000 to the Wounded Warrier Project for backpacks for the wounded.

Purchase a ticket for $25, and you have a chance to win a

NOR-CAL Precision Night Hawk Tactical Rifle w/a Tactical Vent System & Flash Hider, plus Optics from US Optics. This rifle is valued at over $7,000.00. (First Prize)

Smith and Wesson M&P 9 pistol with a BladeTech holster and double mag pouch (2nd prize); and

a Remington 870 wing master shotgun (3rd prize).

SPECIAL DRAWING! $25 per ticket! LOG IN TO REGISTER!

www.StarsandStripesFoundation.org

Our goal is to send $10,000 to the WWP for backpacks for the wounded.

-Complete Details in the Members Section-

As we prepare for our 2nd Annual, "Shoot for the Troops" event in sunny, southern California [25 Aug 2007], we are offering our the opportunity to win an incredible NOR-CAL Precision Night Hawk Tactical Rifle w/a Tactical Vent System & Flash Hider, plus Optics from US Optics. This rifle is valued at over $7,000.00.

Stars and Stripes Foundation was founded by Mark, and Dan Reeves, of Hipshot Productions in 2005. The purpose of the non-profit foundation is to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, providing much needed backpacks and supplies to all wounded service members returning home from around the world. Many of the wounded service members are returned to area hospitals around the U.S. with nothing more than a hospital gown and an IV bag.

Each backpack [$100 to purchase], supplied by the WWP, contains a variety of necessities that most of us take for granted, i.e., toothbrush, aftershave, toiletries and other items such as sweats, t-shirts, phone cards and goodies from caring Americans.

NOR- CAL PRECISION NIGHT HAWK AICS 2.0 FOLDING TACTICAL RIFLE WITH TACTICAL VENT SYSTEM & FLASH HIDER TOPPED WITH A US OPTICS SN-3 3.2-17X44mm HORUS LIT RETICLE

Built by Master Rifle Builder Jerry Rice of NOR-CAL PRECISION

The Nor-Cal Precision Night Hawk Tactical Rifle with Tactical Vent System & Flash Hider incorporates all of the attributes of both the Base Precision Rife and the Tactical Rifle with Tactical Vent System described above. In addition this rifle includes the best flash hider available on the market today.

You must be legally eligible to win and be able to legally transfer the weapon system through an authorized FFL of your choosing.

100% of the proceeds for this drawing will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Please visit our website and also the Wounded Warrior website for more information on how you can help.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
This post is fine.

I personally know Lisa and Mark from Glocktalk.com and I commend them for advocating a campaign that is such a worthwhile one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should ask David & Eric who run this board if OK to post this here.
I asked Lisa about it before I posted it, I knew that David knows them, so I didn't think that was an issue. This does not mention Eric's site and the link it to Lisa and Mark's foundation. Besides, Eric is in no condition right now to be answering emails.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I asked Lisa about it before I posted it, I knew that David knows them, so I didn't think that was an issue. This does not mention Eric's site and the link it to Lisa and Mark's foundation. Besides, Eric is in no condition right now to be answering emails.

Steve is referring to Eric, the owner of this board. Not Eric, the owner of Glocktalk. I know, what are the chances that they would both be named Eric! :grin:

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
WW2 is a great program that really helps take care of us here at BAMC and our brothers ans sisters at WRAMC & TAMC. Thanks to all of you who choose to participate.

drew

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve is referring to Eric, the owner of this board. Not Eric, the owner of Glocktalk. I know, what are the chances that they would both be named Eric! :grin:

Woops, my bad, I thought you owned this one. Guess I did faux paux then.
Apologies all around.
Thanks for letting it stay up.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Woops, my bad, I thought you owned this one. Guess I did faux paux then.
Apologies all around.
Thanks for letting it stay up.
Nope. Eric and I brainstormed the creation in 2004 and are very close friends but he foots the bill. :wink: