What's new

Wrapper problem

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been using "Honduran Cuban Seed Wrapper" from Whole Leaf. I like the flavor and don't want to change but it is so fragile that I find it very hard to work with. Have others found this wrapper to be fragile? Any suggestions on a replacement that may have a similar flavor profile?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've been using "Honduran Cuban Seed Wrapper" from Whole Leaf. I like the flavor and don't want to change but it is so fragile that I find it very hard to work with. Have others found this wrapper to be fragile? Any suggestions on a replacement that may have a similar flavor profile?
That wrapper is a train wreck to work with. The ecuadorian habano from Leaf Only is amazing in flavor, looks, and workability. Unfortunately they are currently out of stock.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just about punch through my wall everytime I work with that wrapper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm happy to hear that it's not just me that thinks this wrapper sucks. I appreciate the suggestion for the Equadorion Habano from LO but are there any suggestions for wrapper from Whole Leaf? The other leaf in my blend comes from WL so I would rather not pay separate shipping for the wrapper. I live in Canada and the shipping is $$$$$ !

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm happy to hear that it's not just me that thinks this wrapper sucks. I appreciate the suggestion for the Equadorion Habano from LO but are there any suggestions for wrapper from Whole Leaf? The other leaf in my blend comes from WL so I would rather not pay separate shipping for the wrapper. I live in Canada and the shipping is $$$$$ !
Just for a data point you could try plugging in only 1/4 lb or 1/2 lb max at LO and then check the shipping to Canada on that amount. That's still a lot of wrapper (and you could try two different ones), and it tends to be way cheaper per pound at that quantity than buying a whole pound or two. It goes into a little USPS bag. Worth checking out.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just for a data point you could try plugging in only 1/4 lb or 1/2 lb max at LO and then check the shipping to Canada on that amount. That's still a lot of wrapper (and you could try two different ones), and it tends to be way cheaper per pound at that quantity than buying a whole pound or two. It goes into a little USPS bag. Worth checking out.
Thanks for the suggestion.
To ship 1/4 lb will cost $35 and to ship a full pound will cost $38. That's why I would like to get all my leaves in one order.
Shipping is cheaper at Whole Leaf. A full pound costs $17.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
To ship 1/4 lb will cost $35 and to ship a full pound will cost $38. That's why I would like to get all my leaves in one order.
Thanks for the info. 1/4 lb costs me $3.57 to California....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
While the shipping cost is significantly higher, the quality of wrapper makes up for it in my opinion. LO also has some very excellent fillers and binders to consider. In the end, I think your blends will benefit from the investment.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Honduran wrapper can be tricky to work with, without doubt. For me it’s worth the effort.

Honduran wrapper, rolled a couple of days ago. Dried in the sun a few hours then dried the inside of the cigar using the microwave a couple of 8 second cycles

Starting the weekend with a cigar and coffee.
Took my wife to the airport this morning and I have the weekend to myself. :) I’ve a lot of work to get done around the shack though.