What's new

Wrapworthiest Leaves

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gotta love this CT shade. Isn't this just tasty lookin stuff?

I ask you: is that a great cigar color?

Leaves about 30" long and over 16" wide. They're called CT shade; but I think a lot of it is grown in PA. I spotted a couple of shaded patches late summer riding thru Strasburg. I should stop and snap some pics next year. Pretty sure that FX Smith's sources them thru Lancaster Leaf; so LancLeaf prolly got them from the nearby Amish. Super thin thin stuff; but not so delicate as you might think, cause they are so super stretchy. Look here how this one lays down a tight seam on my latest Uppowoc Cree Yoyo experiment:

... and you can see from the blotches that this wrapper's still got a ways to dry before it stretches tight.

For flavor, I love that habano 2000 the best. But for a fine smooth wrapper, how do you beat a good CT shade?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am sold. Where can I get some?
You make Smith your good bud, have a few drinks, and ask. Or else I spose you could buy a bale from Lancaster Leaf.

You know, I've never used either WLT CT nor LO CT. I gotta assume they are some great leaves too.
Don't you wish you could get corojo wrappers as smooth and delicate and flammable as this, but with that corojo flavor?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm intrigued for sure. That size of RG would probably be just about right to get the real essence of the flavor of that wrapper. A Lancero might even be better to really get a mouthful of taste.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That doesn't sound as unobtainable as it seems you meant it webmost.
You make Smith your good bud, have a few drinks, and ask. Or else I spose you could buy a bale from Lancaster Leaf.
You know, I've never used either WLT CT nor LO CT. I gotta assume they are some great leaves too.
Don't you wish you could get corojo wrappers as smooth and delicate and flammable as this, but with that corojo flavor?
No problems there at all. Just solutions.