What's new

Wtf??!!!!!!

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got this notification from yahoo-mail at my hotmail telling me that my password has been changed?! and that my Yahoo ID is Shirin_Shirina2000???!!!! Okay... what tha hell is going on?
Has this happened to any of you guys before?

Your password for this account has recently been changed. You don't need to do anything, this message is simply a notification to protect the security of your account.

Please note: your new password may take awhile to activate. If it doesn't work on your first try, please try it again later

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. For further help or to contact support, please see http://help.yahoo.com/help/edit/
You can always change your password by doing the following:

1. Sign in to any Yahoo! service
2. Click on any "My Account" link
3. Choose "Change Password"

If you cannot find a "My Account" link, you can sign in to My Yahoo! \(http://my.yahoo.com\) and you'll find it in the upper left corner

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
sounds like a possible scam to me, they have your old email address. So all the need to do is create a new email address tell you to login and change it and chances are you will change it to what your old email address was. This will give them your old credentials and can log and probably get bank/****** info on you.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
It is probably a scam. Check it out yourself by logging into your acct. Then if your password works, contact ucstomer service and report the scam

Do not use a link from the suspected email

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
It is possible that someone just used your email as a back up when they registered that yahoo ID and it was done radomly or even they USED to have that email b4 you(@snotmail, I didn't know anyone used that anymore?) but following up and reporting it is the right thing to do so you don't have problems