What's new

Xbox 360 deals?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
My son has been bugging me for awhile now to get one of these. I guess it's time as his original Xbox just bit the dust. I hear the new ones with the HDMI interface have much better quality. Opinions?

Anyone know if there are any decent package deals out there right now? Tried an online search and there are 5 million+ hits ... :lookaroun

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Whatever you do buy the insurance that is offered. Trust me its worth it. My 360 died on me after a year. Luckily I bought the insurance and got my money back and upgraded to the 360 elite.

I Agree with that, I bought one for my son 6 months ago, we have had to mail it in for repairs twice already, and it takes about a month each time.

if I could do it over I would build him a killer gamingg pC or buy the elite with extra warranty

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm also in the market for a new one. I have been watching the paper and online deals for something and so far nothing has really caught my eye.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Listen to these people and buy the insurance! I used to work at Circuit City and I cannot tell you how many people kicked themselves in the ass for thinking our insurance was a stupid scam (on most things it is, yes, but not on these)! If you get insurance, at least at Circuit City, you can bring in the unit and we'll replace it on the spot, no questions asked. When it breaks, and it WILL break (within a year, probably), you'll be thanking yourself for not having to deal with Microsoft.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Thanks for the tips guys. I thought that most of the bugs in this were worked out by now. But it's still Microsoft after all ...

I'll keep my eyes out for sales on these. My son basically just wants to finish the Halo series, but $500 is pretty steep just to complete the final game.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Ted,
I think the original 360s are great. You can even get the Halo 3 one for like $399, or the white premium one for $349. YMMV, but unless I really really needed a HD DVD player I wouldn't get the 360 elite. But that's just my opinion, and I don't own a HD TV.

Also, lots of the units were overheating. For $20 you can get an aftermarket dual-fan dealio that snaps on to the back of your 360 and keeps it cool.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Well I do own an HDTV, but was not considering an HD-DVD player yet. I'll wait until the HD / Blu-Ray battle is over.

If I buy a 360, it will probably be just the 20gb version so he can play his current games.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My brother and I share a 360 and we haven't had any of the overheating problems. Ours was in one of the first bunches that ever came out and as far as I'm concerned they're great units. It does get warm, but if you keep it in a place where it can get some fresh air it seems to behave just fine. Perhaps we just got lucky.

If any of you guys happen to have an original Xbox sitting around that still works, I'd be interested in taking it off of your hands for a fair price. I'm looking for a unit to stick down in the garage to play when I'm enjoying a smoke. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in a trade for dollars or cigars.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
my 2nd 360 just died on me...exactly one year after the first one died. i hear the hdmi ones are better, but much louder. heed the advice though, buy exteneded warranties if you can. MS is pretty good about replacing them if they have the red ring of death, but if its just freezing or not reading discs, its much tougher to convince them

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was able to get a hook up on a Xbox 360 Pro Bundle with Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Also bought PGR4. Been about 4 days now and I love it. The graphics are great, but I will never give up my PS2.

I also bought 2 battery packs and a quick charger. I wasn't going to deal with the AA batteries to long.