What's new

Xikar Announcement: XIKAR XFLAME LIGHTER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
XIKAR XFLAME
With the introduction of this new innovative cigar-lighting technology, XIKAR will be adding a new category to the company’s product portfolio: Electronic Lighters.

The XFlame™ Electronic Lighter is a fully electronic, lithium-ion battery powered device that heats up rapidly and is rechargeable. The burner is designed to evenly light up to a 62-ring gauge cigar with optimal temperature so you won’t overheat your cigars. The XFlame™ is TSA Safe and great for travel, as it can be carried in your carry-on luggage. Simply store the battery and burner coil separately in your carry-on luggage. The XFlame™ Electronic lighter will retail for MSRP $69.95.

Product Benefits: Optimal temperature won’t overheat your cigars, replaceable burner coil, easy to clean, quick and easy to use. Lights the entire end of a cigar in seconds, does not require butane or lighter fluid.

Product Features: Measures: 4.125″H x0.98″W (1.10″W Coil) Ideal for travel, USB rechargeable battery, 100% Battery Powered, 100% Wind proof, evenly lights up to 62RG cigars, Great for High-Altitude Use.

https://www.cigarjournal.com/xikar-to-introduce-flat-flame-and-electronic-lighters/

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sounds pretty cool, but although they say you can put that lighter in your carry on luggage, I think that'll be taking a risk. There's always that one agent that has to break someones balls about what you're legally traveling with in your carry on's. I know they have to do their jobs and keep the skies safe. Honestly, if it was me I'd probably leave it home and bring matches or a cheap butane lighter in my checked bag instead.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Has anyone tried one of these yet? I am really intrigued. On one hand, it seems that if it works, it would be technically superior in every way. On the other hand, it feels sterile, lifeless, and borderline disrespectful to the ritual of lighting a cigar. I am interested in trying one though.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I haven't seen one available for sale yet. CI has it on their website, but it is backordered. The coil head looks like it has the standard 510 thread used in the vaping industry. If that's the case, you should be able to fire it on any of the thousand different vape devices out there. May save some people money, they can buy just the replacement coil head, as opposed to the entire device.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I too use one of those jet flame torches, and as I was sitting there with the cigar rotating 6'" above it to keep from charring the foot, a thought kept tumbling around in my head. Wouldn't the perfect lighter be one of those coiled metal lighters like what used to come standard in every motor vehicle made in the 20th century? It gets hot, but not too hot, and you can keep it on there long enough to get a nice even burn going. A portable one would probably be unfeasable, it must take enough electricity to kill a battery quickly, but does anyone make something like that for home use?
Me in January of 2015. I will now be suing Xikar for theft of intellectual property and seeking financial restitution.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Me in January of 2015. I will now be suing Xikar for theft of intellectual property and seeking financial restitution.
Maybe off topic a bit, but have you tried a soft flame? What you describe is why I love them, you can stick the foot right in there and you get even coverage much more easily than trying to rotate on a torch with its 2 degree arc of heat. You have a lot more time before it gets charred and only need a couple seconds really to get it burning.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Maybe off topic a bit, but have you tried a soft flame? What you describe is why I love them, you can stick the foot right in there and you get even coverage much more easily than trying to rotate on a torch with its 2 degree arc of heat. You have a lot more time before it gets charred and only need a couple seconds really to get it burning.
Nah. I’ve gotten pretty good at holding the cigar still and moving the torch rapidly around underneath it. Honestly, I worry less about the little things, cigar related anyways, now than I did several years ago.