What's new

Xikar Crossover Flower Jet Flame Lighter

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Xikar Crossover Flower Jet Flame Lighter: I just got mine; inspected it, put it in the freezer for a short time, and then filled it. After adjusting the flame, that was very simple and easy, I decided to light a cigar with it. The first use of the lighter proved to be above average but I will hold an in-depth review at a later date. I will give it time to prove itself father or disprove itself. I must say now, it is a handsome lighter.
:clap:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Give us a pic my friend!

I tried the new XIKAR NXT Lighter, single flame and worked real nice and it's under $50.00.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have to send my Xikar EX in for some service. Something got lodged in the burner. I tried blowing it out with a duster can but it made it worse now it does not light at all. Oh well thank god it has a warranty!

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Nice lighter. I saw those at the show last year. A little too square for my taste, but a great lighter nonetheless! Congrats :thumbsup:

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Xikar Crossover Flower Jet Flame Lighter: I just got mine; inspected it, put it in the freezer for a short time, and then filled it. After adjusting the flame, that was very simple and easy, I decided to light a cigar with it. The first use of the lighter proved to be above average but I will hold an in-depth review at a later date. I will give it time to prove itself father or disprove itself. I must say now, it is a handsome lighter.
:clap:
Are we worried about butane beetles?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long did you put it in the freezer, and do you do that every time, seems like you would need to but the butane in the freezer as well for that to work perfectly... But i don't know never done that before...

I got this lighter last month, but in the gunmetal, i also bought the palio cutter, you can see both in the pic... I love this lighter and cutter, they both work incredibly well...

Attachments

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually I got the idea from a brother of another site, it sounded like a good thing to try. Well I did, it worked, and I started practicing it religiously. It only needs to be in there for about a minute, just long enough that it brings down the temperature.

Oh no now I have been exposed, I fill so ashamed and cheap now. Yeas I have been cheating on you at another site, I fill so ashamed, so ashamed.
:sadcry:

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Could you give more details on the jet? I'd like to get a single-torch lighter, but I'm looking for something with a fatter, stronger flame than most pocket lighters... This sounds like just the ticket. (I use a table-torch/Creme Brulee torch for my single-jet)

Thanks!
Jeremy

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like my Xikar Exodus. Mine works great, FWIW.
I love my Exodus lighter as well...both of these models are the same as far as looking alike except for the type of flame. Xikar makes a great product and with the lifetime warranty what else can you ask for?

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Well, I went and bought one of these... It's very nice, but the flame was far too low for me (it wouldn't have been too low, except the little flip back lid made it hard to get a thicker RG cigar close enough to the flame...) I unscrewed the little adjustment knob and used a pair of flush cutters to nip off the tiny "stopper" knob, so I can now adjust it as high or low as I want. Now it's my favorite indoor lighter, and sitting at a tie with the Axia for favorite lighter...

Now for an Exodus...

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nice grab! I used the freezer method also, I was kinda skeptical at first but it actually works! :thumbsup: