What's new

Xikar Lighter Question

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the Xikar Cirro High Altitude lighter and I’m having issues with it only lighting sometimes a even then it doesn’t stay lit long enough to light my cigar. This is a replacement they sent me as the first one did the same thing. I have bled it and filled with Xikar butane. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Try warming it up a bit if it's been in the cold. All mine turn to crap if it's low 60s or below, I have to tuck them under a fat roll for a few minutes before I can use them.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"This is a replacement they sent me as the first one did the same thing. I have bled it and filled with Xikar butane. "

some folks just refuse to read the post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:watching::watching::watching:

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I know mine really likes the fuel knob turned up. I had to adjust mine by taking it off and putting it back on a little counter clockwise, I believe, from where it was so I had more room to turn up the fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know mine really likes the fuel knob turned up. I had to adjust mine by taking it off and putting it back on a little counter clockwise, I believe, from where it was so I had more room to turn up the fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip Marshall. It just really chaps my ass that you pay good money for what is supposed to be a superior product and it doesn’t work as well as my $14 Vertigo. That thing lights first time, every time. I’m just going to stick with it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Maybe try a different model when you send it back; not sure if high altitude works as well at low altitude, which I'm assuming you're at in KY.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have the Xikar Cirro High Altitude lighter and I’m having issues with it only lighting sometimes a even then it doesn’t stay lit long enough to light my cigar. This is a replacement they sent me as the first one did the same thing. I have bled it and filled with Xikar butane. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
I'm having the EXACT same issue with the EXACT same lighter. I echo your sentiments almost exactly. Mine worked fine for a while, then started lighting only on the 2nd or 3rd try, now it won't light at all. Sending it back tomorrow if I remember, maybe I'll include a note that I want something else. I have a Xikar Allume dual that was a pain in the ass, too. I've been using my cheapo no-name triple torch lately and I almost wish it had cost $40 instead of the damn Xikar; at least it works every single time!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm having the EXACT same issue with the EXACT same lighter. I echo your sentiments almost exactly. Mine worked fine for a while, then started lighting only on the 2nd or 3rd try, now it won't light at all. Sending it back tomorrow if I remember, maybe I'll include a note that I want something else. I have a Xikar Allume dual that was a pain in the ass, too. I've been using my cheapo no-name triple torch lately and I almost wish it had cost $40 instead of the damn Xikar; at least it works every single time!
I’m not even going to bother paying to send it back again. I’m just going to chalk it up to lesson learned and stick with my cheapo and spend that cash on something to light with it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m not even going to bother paying to send it back again. I’m just going to chalk it up to lesson learned and stick with my cheapo and spend that cash on something to light with it.
Yeah, you already sent it back once, I don't blame you. I still might give the warranty one chance. First class shipping is cheap enough.(y)

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I know your pain. I got tired of fussing with mine and bought a two pack of vertigo on Amazon a couple weeks ago. It doesn't look as neat and feels cheap, but lights everytime. Plus, if for some reason it stops lighting, I can toss it out knowing that I'm not wasting too much.

I decided to spend the extra on a fancier cutter...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"This is a replacement they sent me as the first one did the same thing. I have bled it and filled with Xikar butane. "

some folks just refuse to read the post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:watching::watching::watching:
I did read your post, I said to use Xikar’s High Performance butane (black can) as opposed to the regular butane (silver can). If that doesn’t work, regardless of them replacing it before, I would go back to Xikar (probably with a phone call) to discus a solution.

Is this more clear now?:watching:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having a similar issue with my xikar and took it to my B&M and they took it apart and adjusted something in it (around the flame adjuster) and now it works like a charm. I run whatever fuel is on their counter and the thing doesn’t care.

It doesn’t care for the cold but usually a few minutes in my pocket and it’s back to normal.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most lighter issues are Pilot Error.....not purging them because of accumulated air in the chamber when refilling them. If you refill lighters and you get overspray....you just messed it up becuz you just put air right into the chamber and air and butane don't mix or burn very well. Quality butane is a must for good lighters...5X refined is best and use compressed air every so often to keep the dust from accumulating. Overfilling any lighter will cause issues.....refill for 8 seconds....pause and then another 4 seconds is what is recommended. Before a refill purge the entire chamber to get all of the old butane out...some lighters need to be purged a few times before it is empty...then refill and ensure that you do it correctly or else you'll have the same issues of it not lighting or spitting. It takes some practice to do a refill correctly but for the last 20 years I've had no issues and I own 25 lighters from the lowly Ronson to the ST Dupont.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most lighter issues are Pilot Error.....not purging them because of accumulated air in the chamber when refilling them. If you refill lighters and you get overspray....you just messed it up becuz you just put air right into the chamber and air and butane don't mix or burn very well. Quality butane is a must for good lighters...5X refined is best and use compressed air every so often to keep the dust from accumulating. Overfilling any lighter will cause issues.....refill for 8 seconds....pause and then another 4 seconds is what is recommended. Before a refill purge the entire chamber to get all of the old butane out...some lighters need to be purged a few times before it is empty...then refill and ensure that you do it correctly or else you'll have the same issues of it not lighting or spitting. It takes some practice to do a refill correctly but for the last 20 years I've had no issues and I own 25 lighters from the lowly Ronson to the ST Dupont.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll give it another shot. I really do want to love it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I’ll give it another shot. I really do want to love it.
Here is a really good UTube on how to refill a butane lighter correctly....

As I said before it's a good idea to use compressed air to blow out the head because of accumulated dust and critters that can get into the heads of our lighters. Purging old butane out of our lighters is important as well before a refill and in the Utube tutorial they charge for about 5 seconds...pause then purge for a second....charge again for a few seconds....pause and purge for a second and then quick 1 second charge with a small purge then wait for a minute for the chamber to warm up ( put the lighter into your hand and let it warm up.....then light ) That's a little overkill as I just charge one time for about 8 seconds....wait a few seconds....charge again for about 4 seconds....that should be enough.

I can say it enough....most lighter issues are when we charge them and putting the lighter on a flat surface helps a lot and then put the butane canister nozzle into the lighter to prevent the common "overspray" mistake where air and butane end up going into the lighter instead of the pure butane.....that is no bueno! Some tutorials tell you to turn the lighter down to the lowest setting before recharge...( I don't do that but that's just my personal choice of how I recharge and I've not experienced any lighting issues regardless if I turn the setting down or leave it alone )

Good luck on your refill

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a really good UTube on how to refill a butane lighter correctly....

As I said before it's a good idea to use compressed air to blow out the head because of accumulated dust and critters that can get into the heads of our lighters. Purging old butane out of our lighters is important as well before a refill and in the Utube tutorial they charge for about 5 seconds...pause then purge for a second....charge again for a few seconds....pause and purge for a second and then quick 1 second charge with a small purge then wait for a minute for the chamber to warm up ( put the lighter into your hand and let it warm up.....then light ) That's a little overkill as I just charge one time for about 8 seconds....wait a few seconds....charge again for about 4 seconds....that should be enough.

I can say it enough....most lighter issues are when we charge them and putting the lighter on a flat surface helps a lot and then put the butane canister nozzle into the lighter to prevent the common "overspray" mistake where air and butane end up going into the lighter instead of the pure butane.....that is no bueno! Some tutorials tell you to turn the lighter down to the lowest setting before recharge...( I don't do that but that's just my personal choice of how I recharge and I've not experienced any lighting issues regardless if I turn the setting down or leave it alone )

Good luck on your refill
Thanks Cig. I’ll give it another go.