What's new

Xikar MTX?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received one of these tonight. I have no experience with cigar scissors. I read a lot of great reviews about this cutter. I really like how small it folds up.

Before I ordered it or even used it I did not see in the description that it cuts up to 54 ring gauge. I tried to cap a nub tonight. That did not go so well. The cut was very bad. May have been bad technique as I have zero experience with cigar scissors. It kinda tore the cap and made a rounded cut. Fortunately it was not an issue.

I am going to try a smaller cigar tomorrow. It was disappointing. Is there a trick to making a clean cut on 60 ring gauge cigars such as the nubs with this cutter or is 54 ring really the top end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yea, it takes some getting used to but I enjoy a scissor cut from time to time. Try pressing down on the cap when you cut. Also, I tend to "trim" off the cap (sometimes at an angle) instead of a single straight cutting motion.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I like to rotate the cigar in the scissors kind of slicing through the outer tobacco before actually squeezing the scissors to cut. I think the key to larger ring guages is just taking off as little as possible otherwise it will not cut well, i think the leverage is off due to how the blades bite down on the cigar.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I like to rotate the cigar in the scissors kind of slicing through the outer tobacco before actually squeezing the scissors to cut. I think the key to larger ring guages is just taking off as little as possible otherwise it will not cut well, i think the leverage is off due to how the blades bite down on the cigar.

Rotating the cigar is the best way of cutting without ripping the cigar.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love my scissors, but tend to use it on pyramids and 46 RG and smaller. I also will use them to trim the cap if it gets and little wet, trimming all around the edge of the cap. The tools come in handy, there is one that is long like a pin and I use it as a poker if the cigar is a bit snug around the top!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use my scissors for things I don't want to use my cutters on. They are easier to clean and bit better at trimming or removing a burnt end of cigar I decided to save.