What's new

Xikar Purofine vs Purofine High Performance butane comparison in 5 different lighters

DeArman_93

Joshua 1:9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local B&M got in Xikar's new High Performance butane a couple of months back and I've now been able to test the difference in some of our torches/lighters and snap some pics showcasing the difference in flame height. All the torches pictured are Xikars, but it showed the same results in our non-Xikar torches as well. Every picture was taken with the flame turned all of the way up (of course I don't keep them that way though, just turned them up for comparison)

The Butane Being Tested...

First torch tested would be my mothers Xikar Allume
Original Purofine...

And Purofine HP

My Xikar Turrim on Original

Turrim on HP

Xikar Liga Table Top on Original

On HP

My HP4 on Original

My Xikar pipe lighter on Original

On HP fuel

I've tried this in other various lighters and it has yielded the same results. This stuff is no joke! I obviously I don't keep any of these turned up all the way, just wanted to show everyone the difference. Some pics didn't turned out because of stuff in the way, but the top of the flame is some what visible on the second HP4 pic.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have used both of the XIKAR Butane's the Black Can is a tad bit better. You also might want to try Jetline Butane, cheaper. Seem to work as well as the XIKAR stuff. Jetline is also b]5x's[/b] filtered Butane, and is a 13 oz., can.

CI has (2) 13 oz. Cans of the Jetline like $12.99.:woot:

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The thing that makes Xikar cans different then others is how they make the cans. Xikar makes sure there is no seem on the inside that can cause particles from the metal to get in with the gas. You can refine your gas a million times but if the container taints the gas then its a moot point.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The thing that makes Xikar cans different then others is how they make the cans. Xikar makes sure there is no seem on the inside that can cause particles from the metal to get in with the gas. You can refine your gas a million times but if the container taints the gas then its a moot point.

Actually the can is filled after fabrication, So I would assume the can are purged pre filling to ensure purity. I have used both XIKAR Products, and the Jetline I have zero preference. All work better then Ronson.

A lot of marketing, or selling a product is pure BS, if you would like a good example of World Class BS Peddlers, visit your local new car deals. Alway this weekend sale is their bigger sale ever, last weekend biggest sale ever was nothing.

So you had better wait to buy to next weekend, because that could be bigger yet. Having sold welding supplies there are way to weld to keep contamination of of the weld where the seem is.

BTW if you look at you XIKAR Cans, I see a "seam" at cans bottom.

Last edited: