What's new

Xikar Turrim lighter

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I just read about these on Halfwheel and am very intrigued. It appears there was a thread in October for pre-production models: http://www.botl.org/threads/xikar-5x64-turrim-lighter-impressions.76656/

The Turrim is a double-flame lighter that features the largest fuel tank ever released in a XIKAR lighter, capable of holding 3.4g of butane inside its metal body. Because of the Turrim’s tall and cylindrical shape, XIKAR describes it as being “ideal for the smoker on the go,” citing that it can fit in the slot of a travel case, while also making for a solid tabletop lighter option. “With the 5×64 Turrim, XIKAR introduces a lighter truly unique to the cigar industry.” said Kurt Van Keppel, ceo and founder of XIKAR, in a press release when the lighter was released. “It fits perfectly into your cigar travel case and provides 20% more fuel capacity than previous tabletop lighters from XIKAR. With just the right amount of flame power, the 5×64 Turrim embodies the perfect table or travel lighter for any cigar enthusiast” he added.
- http://halfwheel.com/xikar-5x64-turrim/84441

Not sure if Halfhweel got a bad sample, or if there's a genuine design flaw, but I think I'll be waiting for later models to come out. I really like the concept of the lighter, but don't want to drop a C note on something that doesn't work perfectly (ESPECIALLY when my trust Ronsons just keep on keeping on).

Has anybody picked one up? Are you going to?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one on Friday. Used it this weekend. I really like the size. also, it fits nicely in my cigar travel case. I will update again once I have more use out of it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for a few months but I've only used it on 3 occasions (as I've been waiting for spring weather) and it seems to work fine. It should be getting a workout very soon.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I love the idea of a round lighter that fits in a travel humi. I looked for a good one for a while.

The one thing I hate is that this is 64rg. Seriously? 60rg cigars already crowd a slot. I would have been over the moon if this were sized like a Robusto or even a 54rg but 64rg just doesn't fit will in a travel humi unless you have a petit corona next to it.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I love the idea of a round lighter that fits in a travel humi. I looked for a good one for a while.

picked one of these up at field supply for something like $22 shipped about 2 years ago... still going STRONG.. one of my favorites.. is about 50 RG.. fits in a travel humi foam slot perfectly..

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
thats why I bought it from field supply when I saw it on clearance :D

Im pretty sure @Rupe bought one too...

Fieldsupply.com has OUTSTANDING deals on lighters, cutters, traveldors, etc.. several times a year.. if youre not already on their email list.. get on it... (I also picked up a 40 count traveldor from them a couple of years ago for $19.. have picked up several other item for well less than 50% of retail, etc..etc..

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0

picked one of these up at field supply for something like $22 shipped about 2 years ago... still going STRONG.. one of my favorites.. is about 50 RG.. fits in a travel humi foam slot perfectly..
Jelly.

I had found a Vertigo lighter that was about 46x4", but it died after like a week. You'd fill it up with gas, and the gas would just hiss out the bottom until it was one. Nothing came out the top.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Used mine s few times this weekend. Great lighter that worked flawlessly. The flame adjustment is great. However this is one large, heavy lighter. Not something you'd want to throw in your pocket and lug around.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i also have the turrim lighter. worked flawlessly, then didnt, now it works flawlessly again.
i got it originally to place in my travel humi for when i go on vacation... HOWEVER, i think i will only be carrying it when i hit up things within driving distance. it fits perfectly in a herfador.
i wont be taking it on vacation because i would lose it if it had to go in my luggage. if i leave it in my herfador, i wont be able to take it on a plane...

but yeah... works wonderfully.

- chaz

download_20150602_141533.jpeg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I ponied up and finally got my review done for CLR. My biggest takeaways were:
- love ratcheting fuel adjustment
- heavy, but very well constructed
- def more of a table top due to weight and size
- top heavy, touch it upright and down she goes
- if your travel case holds 5 sticks, will likely only hold 3 + lighter
- massive fuel tank
This one had been on my hit list for a while. I'm telling you the fuel adjustment is just shy of genius. Seriously…

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats why I bought it from field supply when I saw it on clearance :D

Im pretty sure @Rupe bought one too...

Fieldsupply.com has OUTSTANDING deals on lighters, cutters, traveldors, etc.. several times a year.. if youre not already on their email list.. get on it... (I also picked up a 40 count traveldor from them a couple of years ago for $19.. have picked up several other item for well less than 50% of retail, etc..etc..
Nice call. They have another one on there now... Bugatti B-1 torch for $24 knocked down from $100. Of course it's not round travel lighter. Def a site to keep an eye out for things thought.
Thx

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170305_141355.jpg Just picked up a Xikar Turrim lighter and I really like it. I also like how it fits perfectly in my Herf-a-Dor XL X5 travel humidor. I know some have stated that it takes up room in your travel humidors, but as you can see; in the HD XL X5 the Xikar Turrim fits inside and still allows plenty of room to hold (5) 6X60 cigars.