What's new

Yankee or Dixie

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
51% dixie. Born and raised in Pennsylvania. Spent 2 years in Arizona, 2 years in Miami, and 3 years in Georgia. I guess the last 7 years has rubbed off.

(I'm never saying Y'all though!!!)

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well I'll be a son of a gun...

"58% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category."

Hell, I live in Dallas, and this is about at far north as I've *EVER* lived. LOL! Well I guess it makes sense since I don't have a particularly pronounced Texas accent...I mean, I'm not a Native Texan or anything.

I will say one thing though: the test didn't have my preferred word for the Crawdad/Crayfish/Crawfish question listed: MUDBUG :rofl:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I just knew there was something wrong with my previous score.

83% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?

And the answer to their question is yes.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
If it makes you all feel any better, the scores are randomly generated. Take the test again and click the "Compute my score" more than once. After the third time, General Lee is your father. I also went and picked all the southern answers and my score came up 65% Yankee. All northern answers came up 57% Dixie until you reclick the score button.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If it makes you all feel any better, the scores are randomly generated. Take the test again and click the "Compute my score" more than once. After the third time, General Lee is your father. I also went and picked all the southern answers and my score came up 65% Yankee. All northern answers came up 57% Dixie until you reclick the score button.
I think its just a bug in the scripting, every time you click it the thing adds more to the value.

I got 44% yankee. Might be eve more yankee but I don't say stuff like "youse" like a stereotypical nj/ny person is supposed to.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
55% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

I think this one was retarded. Most of the answers I picked said "Common all throughout the US". And even though I lived in Washington State most of my life, all the responses I used said it was very common in the south-eastern US (Which is where I've lived the last half of my life). And the lingo I use is VERY different from how they talk down in MIssissippi, Louisiana, or Georgia. It's ironic that my Washington speak was said to be very common in the states where they laugh at how I talk.:bigeyes:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
52% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

Weird cause lived in Maryland my whole life and most my answers showed either northeast or all over as the answer.