What's new

Yankees Fans?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yo Yankees fans... a little help/advice would be much appreciated!

I am headed to NYC later this Spring and will be taking in a Yanks game for the first time. I am bringing my wife who could care less about the game, so I'm wondering what the best value seats are in the stadium? I know single seats aren't on sale yet, but can you give me some recommendations for what sections/areas are the best for decent views for not a ton of money? I would rather pay a little more to get better seats, but I don't want to pay a lot since my wife could care less.

Thanks much! :thumbsup:

(and plz don't trick me into getting into a non-alcohol section like some stadiums have!?! LOL)

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
hey buddy,

i go to about 5-10 yankee games a year. The stadium is awesome, you can drink in any section. So heres how I rate them:

bleecher has the best overall value, you can easily find 5-10$ tix FS on ebay, just make sure you get an UNOBSTRUCTED view. Only downfall is, well, there bleacher seats. Not very comfy.

Upper Deck has a great view of the entire stadium but your far away, still you can easily score a good deal on tix.

My favorite seats are the 100's they can get pricey(over 100 a tix most times) but you feel like your part of the game, the seats are cusioned.

Either way you cant really go wrong unless you purchase bleacher seats that have limited viewing. You may alsowant tocheck out tickets for/inside totheMoheganSun.

good luck!

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I haven't been to the new Stadium, but at the old place I had been to many games in my youth. We always had upper deck seats on the first base line usually. I enjoyed every game I went to just fine. But, if this is a "once in a lifetime" type of thing, you may want to spring for better seats in the lower deck to make the experience that much more special.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a lifelong Yankee fan I have been to a few games. In a contest of venues with the original stadium, the refurbished stadium, and the new stadium, the new stadium wins hands down. There is nothing like being at the game. The Legends seats are fantastic!! I will not go to the game if I am not in this section. There is a big buffet which is available till the 8th inning and contains items like lobster tail, prime rib, sushi, etc. I went to old timers game with my brother last year and we sat in the 1st row above the dugout. Truly an unforgettable experience!! If the legends seats are out of reach almost all of the seats in the stadium are good. There are a few in center where you have to be careful of the Mohegan sun block because it will prevent you from seeing the opposite field. Hope you have a great time!!!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My experiences don't quite match up with the other brothers here. I haven't been fortunate enough to see 5 or 10 bleacher seats. Maybe early spring when it's still cold, but when the season gets into swing, don't expect to find seats for less than face. You might if you get real lucky, but it won't be easy.

Regarding the Legends seats, add the food service to the face value of the tickets and you have an extremely expensive day (I can't even begin to guess). Let's face it, that's why those seats are so often empty.

Best of luck to you.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks again for the opinions. Normally I would spend for good seats if I'm going with someone who actually cares about the game, but since I'm bringing my wife who could care less, I will probably look for middle of the road seats. Since I really don't know my schedule yet, I will probably just wait last minute and do craigslist or ebay.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experiences don't quite match up with the other brothers here. I haven't been fortunate enough to see 5 or 10 bleacher seats. Maybe early spring when it's still cold, but when the season gets into swing, don't expect to find seats for less than face. You might if you get real lucky, but it won't be easy.

Regarding the Legends seats, add the food service to the face value of the tickets and you have an extremely expensive day (I can't even begin to guess). Let's face it, that's why those seats are so often empty.

Best of luck to you.
The food service is included in the ticket price. About 1200-1500 per seat depending on the game.