What's new

Yashica

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Being very honest here, I do not know a lot about photography. My father gave me this in about 96 when I thought I was gonna get to take a photography class that didn't pan out. So it has not been used since. It was a hand me down from him and am pretty sure it was purchased in Japan by his then wife who was from Japan.
I have kept everything in the cases and as I am sure you can tell the camera case itself is quite old.
Anybody got any ideas on what I have here. Think its still good? Just have to find some 35mm film and actually try it I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yashica made good cameras back in the day. But with everything now digital and with the whole world carrying cameras in their pockets, you'll have a time finding film and a place to get it developed. Good luck though. 3 lenses?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Can't really see what the lenses are, but if you can get film for it, it probably takes some nice looking pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Yashica made good cameras back in the day. But with everything now digital and with the whole world carrying cameras in their pockets, you'll have a time finding film and a place to get it developed. Good luck though. 3 lenses?
yeah, 3 lenses. My dad was all about this stuff back when. A quick look online and it appears that the camera is from the late 70s.
I hear what you are saying about the world gone digital and small, but I think it would be cool to see what she can do, if I can find film and a place to get developed.

Can't really see what the lenses are, but if you can get film for it, it probably takes some nice looking pics.

Just removed the batteries. Now to replace them and find film and see what shes got. I am sure it could get me some great stuff when I learn about it. Any tips would be great. What info you want off the lenses?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just wondered what their zoom ranges and apertures were.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Don't know much about the 1st or 3rd, but that 135mm f2.8 would be a good portrait lens.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I found an online owners manual so I am getting up to date. But I spoke to a buddy of mine that lives in Denver now and used to use film when he was here. He set me up with a photo lab and told me amazon for film.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Yo @EO80, real sweet camera!
I found this online. Looks like it takes 35mm film.
http://photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/YashicaTLElectro.html
I personally have a Yashica Mat EM, which shoots 120 film. It didn't work when I got it, so I sent it to a guy in ATL that fixed it up for me relatively cheap. It works perfect now. If you need his info, let me know.
On the contrary, there are quite a few options these days for film. Not like when film was the only medium, but there are still a bunch:
Here's a little list:
https://www.slrlounge.com/list-places-buy-rolls-film-online/
In terms of getting film developed, I had a great place when living in Denver; Denver Pro Photo:
http://www.denverprophoto.com/
They were always fair in pricing and always more than helpful. They also had a great selection of film! Give them a call.
Here in Philly, I use Philadelphia Photographics.
http://www.philadelphiaphotographics.com/mp_includes/body.asp
They're a small shop that does big things. I just got 7 rolls of 120 film developed (no prints) for under $40.
Now, if you want to get into shooting film, I have one big suggestion that will save you LOTS OF MONEY.
Get a negative scanner. In doing that, you eliminate the cost of paying for prints. Then, if you do indeed like some of the shots, you can pay to have them printed out by an online service. I do it all the time.
Hope that helps my man. Happy shooting!!

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Take a look at the Fred Miranda photography forum for more info on the lenses you have and examples of what you can do with them. Film has a cult following these days and generally has a "look" that digital often tries to copy. As, @RacFocus said, the Nikkor 135 2.8 is a great portrait lens. The last lens you posted doesn't give us much info as the picture is of the filter that's screwed onto the end of the lens. Remove the filter and give us a shot of the inside markins of the lens like you did with the 135.

www.fredmiranda.com

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thanks for the help guys. I found an owners manual online and it looks like the batteries that this originally used are no longer available. But it gave modern day equivalents. I am really looking forward to all of this.
@Mr.Draned thanks for the links. @PamunkeyHub I will take a closer look at the lenses when I get off work.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Take a look at the Fred Miranda photography forum for more info on the lenses you have and examples of what you can do with them. Film has a cult following these days and generally has a "look" that digital often tries to copy. As, @RacFocus said, the Nikkor 135 2.8 is a great portrait lens. The last lens you posted doesn't give us much info as the picture is of the filter that's screwed onto the end of the lens. Remove the filter and give us a shot of the inside markins of the lens like you did with the 135.

www.fredmiranda.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk