What's new

Ybor City Cigar Festival

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Do any of you Tampa/Florida natives have the date for the festival in November? This could be an excellent chance to meetup, then go play some poker later in the afternoon. I went last year and had a blast. This is the perfect time of year for an outdoor event in Tampa.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Looks like it's Nov 18th (of course). I have a thing for my wife's work to go to that night.

Here's the web site.
10 am-6pm at the Centennial Park.
I might be able to make it earlier in the day though, like around 10 am-2-ish or so:
The 2006 Festival will include:

Shop the World’s Finest Cigars!
Cuesta Rey, Arturo Fuente, Rocky Patel, CAO, Thompson Cigars and many more!
Cigar Accessories
Museum Tours
Cigar Rolling
Domino Tournament
Live Entertainment
Charity Beer Garden
Authentic Cultural Food Vendors
Cultural Activities For The Whole Family
Game Zone Featuring NCAA Football, Poker, Dominos, & More
Watch Local Master Cigar Roller Wally Reyes Attempt To Break The Guinness World Record By Rolling The World’s Longest Cigar At 100ft!
Ybor City Fresh Market with arts, crafts, produce, plants, and novelty vendors
The 2006 Cigar Heritage Festival is a free community festival with a suggested admission donation that benefits the Ybor City Museum Society.
The night before is the Cigars & Stripes II. No way I'll be attending this though as it's $100 "donation" a pop.
A highlight of the 2006 Festival will be Cigars & Stars II
Friday, November 17, 2006 • 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Ybor City Museum State Park Garden • 1818 East 9th Avenue • Ybor City

Presented by Cigar City Magazine, Inc.
& Tampa Sweethearts Cigar Company, Arturo Fuente, Jr., Proprietor

Smoke a cigar without anyone telling you to put it out...
Enjoy Gourmet Food...
Open Bar...
Live Entertainment...
And Celebrity Guests.
Find A Savory Cigar To Tantalize Your Palate...
Bid On Special And Unique Auction Items.
Cigars Offered Exclusively By Arturo Fuente, Jr.
All Dominican Fine Handmade Smokes Manufactured by Tabacalera A. Fuente

Complimentary Valet Parking Will Be Provided

Donation: $100 per person
Proceeds from the Silent Auction to benefit The Ybor City Museum Society

ORDER YOUR TICKETS NOW!
CALL CIGAR CITY MAGAZINE AT (813) 875-4929
or purchase tickets online
Check, Visa or Mastercard Accepted

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd love to go but the rest of Nov. is all full. Ybor city is great. Get some Sangria at the Columbia restaurant, watch some dancing and fire up a great smoke. I'm jeolous.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
November 17th this year folks. Can't wait to go, it is always a blast. Cigar Dave normally broadcasts live. Tons of cigars and cigar merchandise. Great food cooked by the vendors. I normally go with my family since they have a bunch of little shops set up also.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This was pretty good. Not quite what I expected. Great food, nice crowd, pretty girls, beautiful weather. Was a little disappointed with the cigar selection, which was mostly some of the local B&Ms offering boring Padrons and Fuentes and Ashtons which you can buy anywhere, anytime.

I was hoping for more local cigar fare, and eventually found about three tents with Ybor merchants on the far side of the festival. So I hung around there, smoking delicious freshies straight from the rollers tables and making some new cigar friends. :smile:

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
...hung around there, smoking delicious freshies straight from the rollers tables and making some new cigar friends. :smile:
This hits pretty close to one of my cigar fantasies - having my own personal torcedor who sends me a wheel of fresh smokes every now and then:stretchgr

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This hits pretty close to one of my cigar fantasies - having my own personal torcedor who sends me a wheel of fresh smokes every now and then:stretchgr
I can't be your personal torcedor, but I came home with a handful of freshies. PM me your address and I'll drop a couple in the mail to you on Monday. :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This was pretty good. Not quite what I expected. Great food, nice crowd, pretty girls, beautiful weather. Was a little disappointed with the cigar selection, which was mostly some of the local B&Ms offering boring Padrons and Fuentes and Ashtons which you can buy anywhere, anytime.

I was hoping for more local cigar fare, and eventually found about three tents with Ybor merchants on the far side of the festival. So I hung around there, smoking delicious freshies straight from the rollers tables and making some new cigar friends. :smile:
OMG!!! Those chicks were smoking hot weren't they. Especially that one rubbing on Cigar Dave.