What's new

Yeah. I'm done with these guys

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
We're done. No names. This isn't the first time, but this has been progressively getting worse each time. Now we are at the point where now the cigars are falling out of the shipping box.
Missing bundles, loose cracked cigars..
Sure, I'll call and raise hail. But I know what's going on over there. we're done.
1_172956.jpg2_172956.jpg
1_172956.jpg2_172956.jpg3_173018.jpg4_173105.jpg5_173438.jpg6_173453.jpg7_175945.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing this I am going to have all shipments from the devils place wait at the Post Office where I will inspect and take pictures of my shipment. If it turns out to be like this I will take photos and refuse shipment due to damage. I feel for you, this is b.s.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think maybe... just someone along the line has purposefully stole from your package. Raise a stink with UPS and file a police report.
Well, Not exactly. I ran a shipping department for an ebay powerseller for 5 years. I've processed claims. I also know production. The one tab that is flung open has one glue spot. The other side tucks under. This saves time and money.

These boxes are shipped on pallets flat. Bundled in flat strapped packs. You pop them open and and you have a box. Like a McDonald's fry box, kinda.. The only thing you need to do is tape the top. If the box is square, you don't even need to tape the bottom.

One side of the flap is glued, the other side doesn't get glue. It is supported by being tucked under it's opposing corner flap. Now. If you do not tuck it under the corner. The flap is just laying there. Lightly glued on one side.
You won't notice right away, but as soon as the flap gets caught on something, that whole flap opens up.

I don't know how many guys out there have a head for this. But that's what's going on. The first 3 or 4 images display this. The rediculous tape job on the top of the box in the illustration also pretty much tells me I do not need to rely on skullduggery here.
They simply are not training their packers, or working them so hard they just don;t give a *.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Or their box suppliers' equipment is folding them wrong in manufacturing. Then my vendor will have entire runs like this. multiple complaints will flood in.
They're all trying to save money.
But sometimes too cheap has it's drawbacks.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That's awful. All of it. And frustrating because, now maybe this is just me, but I get excited to open the box. Especially since the only time I purchase from them is when I make ill timed drunk bids.:cry:

From the look of it, the local Uline rep needs to call on them....
My excitement deflated as soon as I saw it on the porch. I was like "oh oh'

I remember reps coming in and showing me um.. "shipping solutions " and talk about costs. Leave me a catalogue and " let me know" what samples to send me to try. Hey. I'd always get a free lunch..
I know there's manufacturing guys here. You know the game. We tried cheaper tape once. Big mistake. I actually solved the case using the company refridgerator. When it got cold, the tape would let go.

There are other posts here with crooked haphazard boxes. My last one from the same site was a different style. More like the common boxes you break down to recycle. Yank the tape off the top and bottom, fold it flat, and lay it at the curb.
But these are much lighter duty. Very cheap. The box was also not glued square. (side seam) So the flaps did not line up. So the top had this tent-type gap going on. So the tape didn't close the entire box. But enough that my order arrived complete.

These guys are just going way too cheap man.

Crooks these days just steal the box. Crooked order pickers just don't put the item in. Box pinchers are in route and have the gear to open and reseal the box. I've gone through these claims in prior employment.
Nobody ripped open the bottom and then resealed the top. That shitty box and tape job actually came from the vendor.

Someone saves the company $20k this quarter and gets a commission. Meanwhile downstream, I get this crap. That's what's going on.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My excitement deflated as soon as I saw it on the porch. I was like "oh oh'

I remember reps coming in and showing me um.. "shipping solutions " and talk about costs. Leave me a catalogue and " let me know" what samples to send me to try. Hey. I'd always get a free lunch..
I know there's manufacturing guys here. You know the game. We tried cheaper tape once. Big mistake. I actually solved the case using the company refridgerator. When it got cold, the tape would let go.

There are other posts here with crooked haphazard boxes. My last one from the same site was a different style. More like the common boxes you break down to recycle. Yank the tape off the top and bottom, fold it flat, and lay it at the curb.
But these are much lighter duty. Very cheap. The box was also not glued square. (side seam) So the flaps did not line up. So the top had this tent-type gap going on. So the tape didn't close the entire box. But enough that my order arrived complete.

These guys are just going way too cheap man.

Crooks these days just steal the box. Crooked order pickers just don't put the item in. Box pinchers are in route and have the gear to open and reseal the box. I've gone through these claims in prior employment.
Nobody ripped open the bottom and then resealed the top. That shitty box and tape job actually came from the vendor.

Someone saves the company $20k this quarter and gets a commission. Meanwhile downstream, I get this crap. That's what's going on.
I'll boycott the devils site until this is problem that has happened with you is fixed. BOTL.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, Not exactly. I ran a shipping department for an ebay powerseller for 5 years. I've processed claims. I also know production. The one tab that is flung open has one glue spot. The other side tucks under. This saves time and money.

These boxes are shipped on pallets flat. Bundled in flat strapped packs. You pop them open and and you have a box. Like a McDonald's fry box, kinda.. The only thing you need to do is tape the top. If the box is square, you don't even need to tape the bottom.

One side of the flap is glued, the other side doesn't get glue. It is supported by being tucked under it's opposing corner flap. Now. If you do not tuck it under the corner. The flap is just laying there. Lightly glued on one side.
You won't notice right away, but as soon as the flap gets caught on something, that whole flap opens up.

I don't know how many guys out there have a head for this. But that's what's going on. The first 3 or 4 images display this. The rediculous tape job on the top of the box in the illustration also pretty much tells me I do not need to rely on skullduggery here.
They simply are not training their packers, or working them so hard they just don;t give a *.
I do shipping and logistics as a side hustle, so that first picture was cringe worthy.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Rough looking package that may have several responsible parties. Good luck.
I was all revved up last night. But this AM I woke up and had cooled off. I called them and the customer service and line was pretty busy. I waited about 15 minutes but I was at my desk doing stuff anyway. When I finally got a rep I explained the bottom was opened and some of my order fell out and she cut me short and just asked what I was missing and said "oK we'll send the missing items out to you."

Wrapping up, I asked her if they were getting calls about their "auto bottom boxes" and she said no. So with their assistance resolving the issue, no use beating a dead horse as to why. But like a couple people suggested here, this could has been a chain of events from the start. Thanks for the support, and apologies for the rant. We'll see if the rest of the order gets here. @MidwestRetro you may resume shopping LOL !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was all revved up last night. But this AM I woke up and had cooled off. I called them and the customer service and line was pretty busy. I waited about 15 minutes but I was at my desk doing stuff anyway. When I finally got a rep I explained the bottom was opened and some of my order fell out and she cut me short and just asked what I was missing and said "oK we'll send the missing items out to you."

Wrapping up, I asked her if they were getting calls about their "auto bottom boxes" and she said no. So with their assistance resolving the issue, no use beating a dead horse as to why. But like a couple people suggested here, this could has been a chain of events from the start. Thanks for the support, and apologies for the rant. We'll see if the rest of the order gets here. @MidwestRetro you may resume shopping LOL !
Glad to see this worked out for you. I'm happy that they owned up to their mistakes and made it right, right away. BOTL

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Update-
When I talked to Customer Service yesterday, I didn't bother mentioning damaged or missing singles. I just stuck with reporting the 4 bundles that were missing.
Got a 9x6x5 box today from them. Open it, there's 1 single Brickhouse in it. The Brickhouse was one of the single smokes missing. Note, I had no "backordered" messages in my shipment, I assumed it fell out of Tuesday's open box.

Box was undisturbed. Packing slip says (random code number) 1 Brickhouse. If it would have simply said 'backordered" I could understand what the vendor is trying to do here.
Tracking said this shipped last night, the same day I had talked to customer service. If they were going to overnight sh1t, why didn't they overnight all my missing bundles?

I'm not even going to contact them. It's actually kind of funny.
Maybe the other crap will still come as promised.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds frustrating. I got an order a week or two ago from the same site. Everything was packed well enough but I had won a Caldwell Christmas ornament for a dollar or two that was just a fun toss in. The top of it was broken off. I don’t think it happened in transit since the broken off piece wasn’t in the box, it must have been broken before they ever put it into the box. I didn’t bother calling about it, for a dollar or two it wasn’t worth my time, still it was disappointing to see.