What's new

Yellow teeth: Concern or IDGAF ?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm curious to see if any other brothers think about this. I'm 31, and I still have my original teeth (I don't really know when one tends to lose said teeth). However, growing up, I remember my dad had dentures and would always jut them out of his mouth at me and it scared the hell out of me. Maybe that's why I always think of them.... anyway, do you guys ever think about the yellowing of your teeth by smoking cigars?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it comes down to a few things: how much you smoke, your oral hygiene, and genetics. If you are only smoking a few times a week and you brush twice daily, see the dentist regularly, and have otherwise good oral health, I wouldn't worry about it. If most of your family lost their teeth later in life (especially if they practiced good oral hygiene) then it may be genetic. Maybe run it by your dentist next time you are in for a cleaning.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I'm curious to see if any other brothers think about this. I'm 31, and I still have my original teeth (I don't really know when one tends to lose said teeth). However, growing up, I remember my dad had dentures and would always jut them out of his mouth at me and it scared the hell out of me. Maybe that's why I always think of them.... anyway, do you guys ever think about the yellowing of your teeth by smoking cigars?
My teeth been yellow

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Personally IDGAF about my teeth being yellow but if you are concerned about it there are plenty of "white strip" type products on the market that will make them look pearly white in just a few days.

Mrs. Rupe doesn't smoke cigars but she does use whitening strips and her teeth are so white that she literally blinds people when she smiles.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
IDGAF lol. I've chewed since I was 12, so 29 years. I smoke several cigars a week. I brush my teeth at least twice a day and my teeth aren't yellow. Last time I went to the dentist was about 10 years ago. Maybe genetics but brushing twice a day does wonders.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Not really a concern, I dont think I smoke enough anyway. Every five years or so you can do crest whitestrips or some other form of at home whitening if it gets out of control.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My mom is a dental hygienist.
I floss twice a day, brush at least twice a day, and have done brief rotations with high-end bleaching trays (knowing there's some big family photo coming up, nonsense like that).

I'd give up cigars well before I give up my excellent teeth.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My mom is a dental hygienist.
I floss twice a day, brush at least twice a day, and have done brief rotations with high-end bleaching trays (knowing there's some big family photo coming up, nonsense like that).

I'd give up cigars well before I give up my excellent teeth.
Smart man.