What's new

Yes, I'm from New Jersey. No, I've never met the cast of "The Jersey Shore".

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hey all. Checking in from the Garden State and points beyond!

• I am the director of training for North America for a multinational company that manufactures robotic swimming pool cleaners. I spend most of my time in hotel rooms and airplanes, which is not nearly as interesting as it sounds. HQ is near Tel Aviv, Israel. I love it there.
  • I'm a musician, composer, and performer. I teach percussion for a high school marching band when I am home for more than 34½ seconds at a time. They win things. It's probably the most gratifying thing I could ever do.
  • I have tattoos. Lots of 'em. I am a proud proponent of acceptance of tattoos in the workplace. Mine tell a story. If there's a sub-community of tattooed cigar smokers here, I'm your huckleberry.
  • I have been a casual cigar smoker for a few years, but I have recently gotten very much into it. It's something I enjoy immensely; truly a "happy place".

Some of my favorite sticks are Gurkha in general (the Seduction is by far my favorite ever), CAO (the Brazilia is particularly nice), 5 Vegas Gold, NUB by Oliva (a big ring-gauge smoke that i can enjoy in less than an hour? Be still my heart...), ACID Blondie, pretty much anything Rocky Patel wants to bring to the table (I firmly believe everything that man touches turns to gold), and I munched on a delicious Nat Sherman Hobart the other day that left me speechless.

I love the ritual of cigar smoking, the tools of the trade, and the opportunity to stop for an hour and just relax with a nice smoke while listening to the baseball game, chilling on the hammock on my screen porch listening to Pandora, or on a hotel balcony wherever I happen to end up.

Traveling is a challenge; I have a little Herfador 5-banger that I load to the gills and then seldom have time to dip into. I have to stick to ones I can use a punch on, since cutters are a no-go in my carry-on luggage. No butane torches either, so I am learning to love wooden matches.

That's about it I think! I'm looking forward to meeting some people who can learn me a thing or three :)

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello brother :welcome: from Chattanooga. We are glad to have you join us. I know you will enjoy our forums and brotherhood here.