What's new

Yesterdays Golf

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yesterday all I wanted to do was golf. I tried to find people to play with all week and at the last minute got it set up. Perfect weather, light breeeze a cloud here and there.

I brought a Cabaiguan and a La Ricky....loved em both. Around the 6th hole, the beers and shots of captain were kicking in. The course was slow so we were able to have a 5some out there. on the [I Believe] 7th hole 2 of the guys were in the first cart, when tearing down this hill and put it in neutral to release the speed governor. At the bottom they cut the wheel and all I could see was beer bottles and golfers flying out of the cart and then the entire under carriage. They had it back on its wheels before I could get a picture. (no damage was done to the course...wasn't on the fairway so no bashing :thumbsup:)

We had a closest to pin contest for $5 on the first par 3....no one hit the green so it carried over. We were playing twilight, so we skipped ahead to the 'Devils Triangle' to play that par 3 as our last hole. We took some junk balls and drove a few into the ocean. Then it was on to the closest to pin, it was on this hole:

Mark when first. Hit the hill to the right of the green, rolled on and was about 20 feet from the pin. Next guy was on the back fringe but a bit closer to the pin (all shots counted now that someone was on). I stepped up, pin high but hooked left at the end (to my credit, I was using a 9 iron while everyone else used a 6). Next up was Fran. He stuck it 4 feet from the pin. It just grabbed, no lucky bounces of hills. Last guy up gets all prepared. Aims. Swings.....duffs it about 5 feet. His whole body slunked down as he undid his belt and took his punishment for not hitting past the ladies tee.

Ahhhh....golf.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Good for you!!! Looks like a beautiful place to play.

As for me, i just get to play 9 holes twice on the flatest course in the world. but there are a lot of trees that are over 200 years old...get outta the fairway and your gonna have to contend with the trees

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Very nice. I would have let him slide on the "dick out". That just doens't cut it anymore. Glad you had the chance to get out. I've been out 3 times so far and it has been a job dodging all of the duck shit and irration holes on the greens. But, golf season has finally arrived.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
you best be gettin practiced up scotty!!! Being unemployed and all, i'm gonna be doin a lot of playin and practicin.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looks and sounds like a great time!!

Played in our Mens Ass. A, B, C, D scramble yesterday. We just had a membership drive and added 66 members (in this economy that is great) so I got paired with 2 new guys and a 75 yo who can still play. the news guy are listed as 18 & 12 handicappers but I doubt either can break 100 regularly. Dave (75 yo) plays the Gold tees and can still hit 225 and is the best short gamer I seen so we were never in trouble and shot -11 (61) for the win. Twice I hit with-in a foot a the par 3's and got a little extra Pro Shop credit. We started a $$ pool for hole-in-ones that is $5 from your dues and $1 for Mens Ass. events that is worth about a $500 and will grow quickly, it will carry over until someone makes a hole-in-one in a Mens event. This could last for years but we did have 1 two years ago and 2 last year on the same hole the same day.

Smoked a Salomone on the first nine and boli PC in the clubhouse damn fine day.