What's new

Yet More Insects

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
One of these days it'll start getting cold and then I won't be able to take any more pics until next spring so don't worry I can't go on making these posts forever :computer:. I've had some nice subjects lately though...

And these are my favorites from my latest batch...

Thanks for checking them out, hope you enjoy seeing them.

Dan

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Very nice pics! What kind of camera do you use?

I saw one of those beetles from pic# 5 last weekend for the first time. It's got a strange, rodent-esque head.

Nice work!:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I had a preying mantis hanging out on the window by my front door last week. Then I also saw another one at my grandmother's house just a few days before. Weird I saw two in a matter of days and haven't seen a preying mantis since I was about 12.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
These pictures really bug me... get it, BUG, hahaha! (Sorry, sorry... I know it was lame.)

I really like the last 3 pics of the Microcentrum retinerve.. very cool! I never noticed in bug pics before the 'pupils' in the eyes. He may not be moving, but he's sure watching you.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Very nice pics! What kind of camera do you use?

I saw one of those beetles from pic# 5 last weekend for the first time. It's got a strange, rodent-esque head.

Nice work!:thumbsup:
I've been using an Olumpus SP-800UZ. My wife got it for her birthday. It's a lot better than the Kodak EZ-Share I used to use, but still not as good as I want. And so I'm saving up for a dedicated macro camera.

That beetle is a wevil of some kind (haven't looked it up yet).

Thanks for sharing. Have you ever gotten a picture of a scorpion fly?
I have not, but only because I haven't seen one yet this year. Not that I've been trying that hard either cause I know where I can find some. The males are very cool.

I seen a tarantula hawk the other day no camera though. They get big and nasty looking.
They're hard to photograph too, they don't sit still long.

Dan

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool pictures! :thumbsup:

there was an albino Mantis hanging around my backyard a few weeks ago... wish i'd gotten a picture, as i'd never seen a white Mantis before. it was weird and awesome.