What's new

Yogurt

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Sup everyone!

Wanted to share what I do with yogurt, as it's AWESOME, GREAT for you and saves you money if you eat it everyday like I do.

Buy 2 16oz containers of greek style yogurt (if you don't like greek yogurt, buy the 'Light & Fit' stuff by either Dannon or Yoplait) and 2 bags of frozen berries. I buy them at Wal-Mart, as they have the sugar free ones. It has raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries.

Next, go to the cereal aisle and by the granola, pick up a bag of Bear Naked granola. I like the fiber one, which has dried fruit and nuts, along with the granola.

Get home, empty both bags of frozen fruit into a collander to thaw, then mix all the yogurt and fruit. Put in a bowl, top with the granola and ENJOY!

In using greek yogurt, there's NO fat, HELLA protein and you can't go wrong with granola and fruit! All together, it's a GREAT SNACK! I have it with my breakfast and sometimes for dessert, if I get a sweet-tooth or something like that.

Jeffrey L.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I just "discovered" Greek yogurt on my trip back to the STates. They even have one brand of it here on base! Great stuff.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The wife has been making her own yogurt from store-bought milk, and a bit of yogurt for a starter... I got this stuff coming out my ears. Anyway, if you eat yogurt everyday, maybe you could make your own and save even more money for Cigars, or extra granola, or whatever... if you want, hit me up, and i'll get the wife's recipe for ya.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just got around to trying this and enjoyed it very much. The greek yogurt and granola work really well together. I'll be stocking my classroom fridge.