What's new

you canucks are a tough lot!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Hockey Hall of Famer Lafleur could be sent to jail

Fri May 1, 10:04 AM EDT
Hockey Hall of Famer Guy Lafleur has been convicted of giving contradictory evidence at his son's bail hearing, and could spend time in jail.

The verdict was handed down in Montreal by Quebec court Judge Claude Parent on Friday morning. The former Montreal Canadiens star will be sentenced next month.

The Crown is asking that Lafleur be given a conditional sentence; the defense is seeking a fine. Lafleur faces a maximum prison sentence of 14 years.

Lafleur agreed in September 2007 to ensure his son Mark abided by a court-ordered curfew if he were granted bail pending trial.

But at a hearing the following month, it was revealed the elder Lafleur had driven his son to a hotel so he could spend time with a girlfriend on two occasions.

The 57-year-old Lafleur won five Stanley Cups in 14 seasons in Montreal.

Copyright 2009 STATS LLC

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah. Possibly send a national sports figure to jail for lying about his kid's whereabouts, but let youth killers out in 2-3 years for murder. We're a tough lot alright. heh.

There has been alot of publicity on LaFleur. My bet, is that he won't do any time, and may get what the defense is asking for, a fine. I could be wrong, but ya never know.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
go figure. but here in the states, we find tax cheats and put them in the government to run important offices and spend money!!!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah, but y'all know how to deal with murderers. No complaints there. Saw the news in Houston a couple years ago. 2 kids beat the hell out of a third kid with a piece of ABS or PVC pipe, and then sodomized him with it. The 'accomplice' to the crime got 90 years. I can't imagine what the main perpetrator got!

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah, but y'all know how to deal with murderers. No complaints there. Saw the news in Houston a couple years ago. 2 kids beat the hell out of a third kid with a piece of ABS or PVC pipe, and then sodomized him with it. The 'accomplice' to the crime got 90 years. I can't imagine what the main perpetrator got!
Thats messed up. I didn't hear about that. They deserve every last second of time they get sentenced. sick F___s

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Bill, I read that in one of the Houston papers in December 2006. I believe the incident occurred earlier in that year, or the in 2005. sick puppies, though.