What's new

You May Soon Need A Passport to Travel Domestically

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Interesting story here and while there are appeals likely, a day is coming soon when everyone will need a passport in order to fly.
Not true at all. Many States have Licenses that have the same chip technology that passports have. Flying with these Licenses are just like flying with passports, domestically of course. I live in Washington State, one of the 5 that are non-compliant. I have an "enhanced" license meaning I paid more to have a license with the chip technology. I can travel to/from Canada without my passport because of it, and have no worries about flying.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not true at all. Many States have Licenses that have the same chip technology that passports have. Flying with these Licenses are just like flying with passports, domestically of course. I live in Washington State, one of the 5 that are non-compliant. I have an "enhanced" license meaning I paid more to have a license with the chip technology. I can travel to/from Canada without my passport because of it, and have no worries about flying.
Are you saying that Canadian passport gave the chip?

Reminds me, my passport is due to be renewed...