What's new

You think you pay too much ?

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I just came back from Whitehorse, Yukon. I was there on a business trip and brought some sticks with me as I am knowledgable to the overpricing that goes on in retail shops here in Canada. I had packed my cigar case with a few leftover sticks into my luggage which was checked in, when the lady at the desk told me that the flight was delayed another 3 hours. I knew I was not able to get my sticks back as they were on the belt and gone through the "wall of impenetrability", so I decided to try to find some locally. I knew as soon as I walked into the only place in town that carried cigars (in a tiny stand-up humidor) I was in trouble. When someone tells you they only carry Cubans, you can expect a large price jump as there is nothing to compare them to. I knew they would be expensive but the best example that I can compare anything to is a Monte No.2 for $60....yes I said $60. Now I know that it is harder to get the cigars all the way up there, but wow!!! Needless to say, I went smoke-free until the plane took off because I will not pay $8 for a Jose el Piedra piece of &%$#.
The next time someone complains to you about the price of cigars in your town, tell them to understand how good they have it in the rest of the world.
I don't know about anyone else, but those Padron 45's that are "expensive" and a "celebratory cigar" at $25-30/stick seem to be a great deal if you live in the Yukon!! heh

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
That's why I prefer to carryon my cigars! I will admit to having to check my 30 count a time or two, but I carry on my 3 finger cast at the very minimum.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Good example of why having CC's readily available isn't always a good thing. Sounds like they're pretty much cost prohibitive (at least they definitely would be to me) with our brothers to the north.

Rating - 95.2%
20   1   1
I always carry on my small travel humi just to be sure my other sticks dont magically disappear out of my luggage some how...