What's new

Young Cohiba

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So I have my first Cohiba inbound, a single Siglo IV, but its only from May '15. I've heard these are better than most young, but that's pretty fresh. Not sure I can wait until May '16 as I usually try to give at least a year. I've been dying to try one since hopping aboard the CC train 6 months ago. Anyone have any experience smoking these that fresh?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No, but it's only one. Aging one stick seems odd. Smoke it and if you like things about it then buy a box for the long haul
Not like I'd put down the single for many years, but maybe a few more months. My only concern about smoking it now is it might turn me off to something I might otherwise like 6 months down the road.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Not like I'd put down the single for many years, but maybe a few more months. My only concern about smoking it now is it might turn me off to something I might otherwise like 6 months down the road.
Well, I'd wait at least a month after receipt

For me, the siglo 4 is my staple. Everyone's tastes are different but the siglo 4 is a majestic beast that is rivaled by few imo :)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well, I'd wait at least a month after receipt

For me, the siglo 4 is my staple. Everyone's tastes are different but the siglo 4 is a majestic beast that is rivaled by few imo :)
My interest is even more piqued now. I've noticed you like your CC's so this statement is a rining endorsement :)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
My interest is even more piqued now. I've noticed you like your CC's so this statement is a rining endorsement :)
Don't get Me wrong, a siglo 6 is awesome too but given the price vs value for me the siglo IV is my numero uno. Find a box at $285 give or take and don't hesitate

A certain place had 2012 boxes not too long ago but the $286 sale price ended and went up $30

I still see one place at $285 :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don't worry about not liking it "fresh". It's a great example of what makes CC's great. It may get better with age but it already great.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I disliked Cohiba until someone gifted me one with 5 years on it. My advise is buy a box to smoke through and another box to age. Repeat as needed. Don't make a mistake like I did years ago thinking I had an endless supply from 2009. Ran out and had to start all over now I should be set for the next 5 plus years

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I enjoy my CCs as well,have done for 40 plus years.....
I support this,the Siglo IV is my pick for best in the Siglo line.Still wait 4-5 years to get the full potential.
You will enjoy any Cohiba when it is young,but the pinnacle of flavor is reached after 4-5 years,usually.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I enjoy my CCs as well,have done for 40 plus years.....
I support this,the Siglo IV is my pick for best in the Siglo line.Still wait 4-5 years to get the full potential.
You will enjoy any Cohiba when it is young,but the pinnacle of flavor is reached after 4-5 years,usually.
Last line is the winner winner........

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been buying Cohibas for about 20 years now...started the practice of buying one box a year to let rest/age and buying a half dozen to smoke through the year. It's turned out to be one of my best investments and strategies....once a box hits the 5 year mark it is taken out and enjoyed and since I have been doing this since 1999 I have enough Cohiba IV and VI and Espys for the rest of my life. I stopped buying last year and every time I sniff one of the open boxes after letting it rest for the 5 years...it's like a little piece of heaven.