What's new

Your best cigar "for the price"?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Crowned Heads Four Kicks and Charter Oak Habano are both high quality, consistently good cigars for me.

And Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano have always treated me exceptionally well at $2 per, though mine are 3-4 years old now and I have no idea how that line is currently.
This 100% it’s hard to beat a four kicks especially the black belt buckle when available for the price.
I really enjoy all the Ramon Bueso lines, definitely a few here and there burn wonky but great flavor for the price

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Reading through these posts One man's best cigar for the price is another man's DOG ROCKET Different palates. They sell a lot of black licorice candy and I think you have to be from a different planet to eat the stuff.
Lol.
Very true about different palates.

Everyone has different tastes in what they like, and reading multiple reviews of the same Cigar, you will see a lot of different flavors noted for them.

Everyone seems to detect different things and definitely has preferred tastes. The Fonsecas are a perfect example of this. A small number of us really enjoy them, while most others consider them trash.

That's why whenever I am considering trying something new, I read the reviews on them on all of the like 6 forums I belong to, as well as Cigar Aficionado and other online semi-professional reviewers, and just ignore the different flavors listed and just go with the overall rating/opinion.

For the most part this method has worked quite well for me and I rarely end up with something I don't enjoy at least on some level.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curivari Buenaventuras. And for a $3+- smoke the Buenaventura Picadores. These hold a top spot in my favorites and probably always will.

The Illusione La Grande Classe Rex is another staple in my humi's. At just over 5 bucks they are an incredible deal for a fantastic smoke. A bundle worthy buy.
With most Curivari, I'd estimate you're paying $4 - $6 a cigar in a box of 10. @highsierrasmokin' and I discussed this, but they just jacked up the price of the Picadores. Still a great value cigar, but a little jaded about the price hike. I'll also second the Illusione Rothchildes. You can find them on Autioneer for ~$160 for 50 wicked good cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Curivari Buenaventuras. And for a $3+- smoke the Buenaventura Picadores. These hold a top spot in my favorites and probably always will.

I also agree with @Texican. The CAO Brazilia's are great. The CAO MX2's might be my fav CAO. Great flavor and a great price.

The Illusione La Grande Classe Rex is another staple in my humi's. At just over 5 bucks they are an incredible deal for a fantastic smoke. A bundle worthy buy.
Have only had a few of the Curivari Buenaventuras, but really enjoyed them. They are an excellent smoke

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cain F Lancero, especially when boxes go on sale for like 68-72 bucks. For ~$4 that's just a steal.

Illusione la grande class rex was already called out. I'm also a big fan of the Illusione HL Candela.

For CC, over the years Party Shorts or MF are always nice and usually priced well. CC prices are going through a roller coaster now though, so hard to make a value call when the target is moving rapidly.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reading through these posts One man's best cigar for the price is another man's DOG ROCKET Different palates. They sell a lot of black licorice candy and I think you have to be from a different planet to eat the stuff.
Apparently salted licorice is a big thing as well. Tried it once and that was...difficult.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many just came across a single dud of a stick and wrote off the entire line. I’ve recently got 4 Witch Doktrs and smoked the first one last night. Granted it was hot as August asphalt yesterday and utterly miserable outside. If I based it just on that, I could write it off, but gonna give the rest a go.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was chatting with a buddy about "staple cigars" and we both mentioned Caldwell's Long Live The King as the cigar that is the "best value" when you consider price and performance. Which cigar would you choose as the cigar that gives you the most pleasure for the least coin?
As a noob, I haven't smoked a lot of different sticks, but of those I've had, I would say Drew Estates Factory Smokes Sweet. They actually exceeded my expectations.