What's new

Your brush with greatness

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Heard them discussing this on the radio this morning and thought it would be a good thread.

So let's hear it. What famous person/persons have you met, bumped into, dated, is a distant member of your family, etc.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I used to work for Metropolitan Entertainment doing staging and sound.
Basically i met just about every act that came into Buffalo over about a 3 year span. I had a full time job at the time, so i only worked local. Was offered a spot for a Rolling Stones tour that would have opened up alot of doors, but like the total freaking moron i am, i passed on the chance.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Met Denis Leary when the ladder was put in front of him. Jest of the West Comedy Competition in LA. Was there as a guest of a friend, also a competitor. Leary won. Also was in a small room when we crashed the wrap party for Fatal Beauty, saw Whoopi Goldberg and Sam Elliot. Fred Asparagus came up to the room, he used to do sketch comedy with my pal. Hung out with Scott Valentine for about an hour talking about not being able to get a decent pizza in LA

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
windowrx said:
I come from a long line of drunks and ne'er-do-wells so famous people tend to shy away from us.
See luckily, the people i met, were all drunk and ne'er-doing-well...
so naturally i just fit right in :)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Went bowling late last year and ended up in the lane next to Michael Pittman (RB Tampa Bay Bucs). Not necessarily a brush with GREATNESS, but at least with someone (in)famous. For a guy that rammed his wife's car he seemed nice enough.:smt102

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I finally met Mickey Mouse this January At DisneyWorld. This pipsqueak is a real rat!

Actually my wifes uncle puts together the plays and shows for Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom. The Mouse was pretty cool, my youngest daughter still talks about him.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sat at a table next to Bob Crane (Hogan's Heroes) at a restaurant in New Orleans when I was a kid. Also saw Tony Bennett in O'Hare Airport (eating a hot dog - of course, my mom interrupted him and got his autograph). Saw Weird Al at the bar at the Hard Rock in LA.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I got to meet Sonny Bono when I was in DC for 4-H.
It seems my Indiana Rep forgot about us and went golfing.
Mr Bono was a hell of a lot cooler anyways!!

We spent like 4-5 hours chatting about lots of stuff.
very nice guy who being in politics should have had more time to get stuff fixed.

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jacques DeMers is a relative of mine. Something like 8th cousin...

Some of you might remember him as head coach of the Chicago Blackhawks and head coach of Monteal Canadiens. he was responsible for having Patrick Roy traded to Colorado, who went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Also related to Herbert Hoover, 31st President of the USA. That is an even more distant relative though...

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
chipslave said:
Also related to Herbert Hoover, 31st President of the USA. That is an even more distant relative though...
Chip,

Then can our parents and grandparents now blame you for the depression?
:smt043

ehdg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ken Osmond, AKA Eddie Haskall on 'Leave it to Beaver' is my second cousin.

I have met Tim Allen, literally bumping into him on the street.

I have met Ron Jeremy.

I partied at a strip club once with Jenna Jamison and Chloe Jones.

That's about it.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
One of my best friends works for a metal magazine, so we get to hang out with rockstars. Most notably:
-Chester from Linkin Park (and his wife)
-Lajohn from Sevendust
-The lead singer of Drowning Pool before he died.
-Union Underground, Beatutiful Creatures, Godhead, Switched, STUN, Kittie, and some others.

Other famous people I've met:
-Peter Forsberg
-Dean Kamen
-Chuck Yeager
Famous track/field athletes like Mac Wilkins and Wolfgang Schmidt.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Halon said:
One of my best friends works for a metal magazine, so we get to hang out with rockstars. Most notably:
-Chester from Linkin Park (and his wife)
-Lajohn from Sevendust
-The lead singer of Drowning Pool before he died.
-Union Underground, Beatutiful Creatures, Godhead, Switched, STUN, Kittie, and some others.

Other famous people I've met:
-Peter Forsberg
-Dean Kamen
-Chuck Yeager
Famous track/field athletes like Mac Wilkins and Wolfgang Schmidt.

TYLER
I must be getting old. I've never heard of any of those bands.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I also got to hang out with the bands Orgy and Econoline crush.
Got to see and meet the foo fighters and hole at the same show.

The bands were cool and let me party the whole weekend in the bus.
I wish I had the demo of me and them messing around in the studio on the tour bus.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The two that come to mind are both dead, but I talked to Sam Walton when he was traveling to his store grand openings in my area. The other one was Floyd Cramer when my uncle was host of a show called Nashville Now, a lifetime ago.

Great thread!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Gave Clint Eastwood a ticket once (still have it, like I told him when I realized who I stopped I will never turn this one in) and Bernadette Peters brought me pizza and sat and ate with us. During the filming of Pink Cadillac. I have met alot of actors and actresses because of filming in the Reno and Lake Tahoe areas.

But the best was when I was in High School and delivering Fuller Brush products. Delivered some to John WAynes house in Newport Beach. He even gave me a check since his house keeper was not there. LIke an idiot I turned that check in.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
sgresso said:
I also got to hang out with the bands Orgy and Econoline crush.
Got to see and meet the foo fighters and hole at the same show.

The bands were cool and let me party the whole weekend in the bus.
I wish I had the demo of me and them messing around in the studio on the tour bus.
Sweet! Orgy rocks. I met Amir and Paige briefly after a concert one time. And what ever happened to Econoline Crush? They released their album with Make It Right a few years ago and I haven't heard anything new by them in a long time.

TYLER