What's new

Your First Cell Phone

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My first was a Motorola in the early '90s. I have no idea what model it was but it was huge and very simple compared to the ones we have now.
Edit: I found THIS picture of it on ebay.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
motorola StarTac CDMA. had it for about 2 1/2 years before we finally upgraded to gsm in winter of 03-04 and i got a samsung x427

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Motorola Bag phone and I still have it somewhere around here.:scratchhe

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
'94 my dad bought me a mitsubishi phone from houston cellular. I used maybe 25 minutes a month. mostly to call my parents to let them know I was staying out late and where I was. all my friends had pagers and I really wanted one, sorta like when you are made fun of because you have nice things.

got my own in college around '98. it was a nokia 5150, soon after that I upgraded to a nokia 6160 and finally the nokia 8260. I was super proud of the last one because it actually got me laid...twice. can you tell I abused the phone insurance plan?

when I moved from austin after school I had to switch providers and I got a motorola v60 and haven't switched brands since. I had that v60 the longest until the antenna got snagged in my pant pocket and I had to buy a new one: motorola v600 which I currently own.

my brother works for verizon and I'm waiting for someone to crack it so I can get a motorola q to work on a t-mobile network or wait for t-mobile to release their own version. or I might get my brother's almost new pebl which he now has no use for.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
'94 my dad bought me a mitsubishi phone from houston cellular. I used maybe 25 minutes a month. mostly to call my parents to let them know I was staying out late and where I was. all my friends had pagers and I really wanted one, sorta like when you are made fun of because you have nice things.

got my own in college around '98. it was a nokia 5150, soon after that I upgraded to a nokia 6160 and finally the nokia 8260. I was super proud of the last one because it actually got me laid...twice. quote]

:rofl:

You used the phone to do the laying???

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had one of those big mounted ones in the car. It was huge and hidious and the mount never would stay tight so the phone would always move around.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't remember the model number anymore but it was a brick of a motorola. I've always had Nextel, which anyone familiar knows their phones always used to be huge and most of the lower end ones still are.