What's new

Your Gold Standard.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
As I was nubbing a Havana VI artista (the first in a while), I was reminded of how much that cigar serves as the stick by which I compare all other sticks. This is probably because it was the first stick I had that was not made by general cigar back when I first started down the slippery slope. Does anyone else have a "gold standard," that stick that transitioned you from Macanudos to "The Madness"? The stick that sort of serves as your "center" by which you compare other smokes?

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I gotta agree with you Sean, the Havana VI's are always consistant & good. I seam to forget about them in the bottom of the cooler. Think I'll have one tonight!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MF Bijou. I had been seriously smoking for a few months before I grabbed one of these on vacation, and I sat in the cigar bar and nubbed it. Everything I love in a cigar (except the price). Now it's my special occasion smoke.

But this is the one that gave me that Aha moment.

That all being said a Havana VI was among some of the first cigars I had when I first started smoking cigars occasionally/socially several years ago and it too is still one of my favorites.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Padron 1926 Robusto (at least I think it was a robusto). Showed me just how amazing cigars CAN be.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Opus X & Anejo. After having less than 10 cigars in my whole life, my father got me 6 Opus's and 6 Anejo's plus a humidor for Christmas 2010. Still my 2 main staples in my humidor and the only cigars on the top shelf of it.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tatuaje Black Label.

First cigar that had all the little notes "pop"out at me. Still one of my favorite cigars by far

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I don't really have a single stick by which all others are measured. Sure I have favs (T52 and Tat 7th Reserva being two of them), but to compare something like a T52 to a Connecticut or Sumatra wrapped cigar is like comparing apples to oranges. Yeah they're fruit, but they taste different. Sometimes I'm in the mood for apples and sometimes oranges.

Dan