What's new

Your most disappointing smoke of 2010?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Doesn't have to be a 2010-release cigar ... just wondering what everyone's least favorite smoke of 2010 has been.

In the high dollar category ($10+/ea) ... For me it has to be La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Emerald Tubo ... wasn't a bad smoke, per se, just unexciting and monotonous. For the price I expected a heck of a lot more out of it.

As far as more budget friendly sticks go ... I was pretty disappointed in the La Aroma De Cuba Belicoso I tried (Pepin blend). Tons of pepper and wood and not a whole lot of anything else.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Flavor-wise....Tatuaje Black Tubo.

Construction-wise.....Tatuaje Verocu Tubo.

Both at a $10+ retail price tag.....it's no wonder these are always up FS.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I can't remember if the Punch Uppercut was released this year or last year, but that is my most disapointing cigar of 2010. I love sumatra wrappers, but this was just a bad cigar to me. The construction was great. It just wasn't good.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Mine was the Tatuaje 7th Reserva. I had such high expectations for this smoke because of previous Reserva's (i.e. SW Maddie and Regios). To me the smoke is too muddled.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
For me it was the Rocky Patel Vintage '92.

It was the very first bomb I ever received (from everyone's favorite "greekone", Jack!).

I had just started posting here and, being the n00b I was (and still am!) I was caught up in the pretty boxes and advertisements for Rocky Patel cigars. I was really wanting to try some.

So Jack sent me a Vintage '92 (among other stuff) and it was probably the single most disappointing stick I've ever smoked.

No flavour, such a firm draw that it needed double and triple puffs to stay lit, and there was so little smoke it was like I wasn't smoking, I was just in a room with someone who was.

If anything, this made me even MORE grateful to Jack for having sent it to me, because I didn't waste any money on it.

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I only smoked one so this may or may not be fair, but the LP#9 Robusto was almost flavorless to my palate. Loved the T52 but was left very disappointed after the #9 especially considering the hype.

That being said, I smoked a RP Winter Collection '09 Robusto last night and it tasted the way I expected the #9 to taste. Very full flavored, spicy and smooth, and the last third was very very good.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
NHC selection Limitada Reserva tasted metallic and the Face was very muddled it needs down time.

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I Loved the T52 but was left very disappointed after the #9 especially considering the hype.
Wait a little while cause older 9s are awesome (this from someone who loves the t52.)

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The Face didn't live up to my hype-o-meter expectations. I have one more and eight of his friends going to sleep for a good long while.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
For me it was the Rocky Patel Vintage '92.

It was the very first bomb I ever received (from everyone's favorite "greekone", Jack!).

I had just started posting here and, being the n00b I was (and still am!) I was caught up in the pretty boxes and advertisements for Rocky Patel cigars. I was really wanting to try some.

So Jack sent me a Vintage '92 (among other stuff) and it was probably the single most disappointing stick I've ever smoked.

No flavour, such a firm draw that it needed double and triple puffs to stay lit, and there was so little smoke it was like I wasn't smoking, I was just in a room with someone who was.

If anything, this made me even MORE grateful to Jack for having sent it to me, because I didn't waste any money on it.

Dude, you had your eyes on all this Rocky stuff so I tried to hurry and send to you for exactly that reason; to SAVE you money. :yes:

Thanks, I think. :headroll: