What's new

Your oldest cigar?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
1988 Monte #5 given to me by Brother Rayment.

It will be torched if the Steelers win the Superbowl this year. :smile:

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
135   0   0
DWavs said:
1988 Monte #5 given to me by Brother Rayment.

It will be torched if the Steelers win the Superbowl this year. :smile:
I guess that one can sit and know its safe for awhile..ROFLOL

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I don't have anything out of the ordinary, so most likely my Gurkha Legend. I think they're aged like 10 or 11 years or something.

TYLER

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well,

Leessee, I have a pair of 1979 Macanoodles, they have sentimental value over flavor value I'm sure. I have an 84 Davidoff that is Slated for consumption the day Laura-Beth comes Home from Her Hospital stay(2 months and counting now) She should be home in January.
Normally that would be all. But, a well meaning family member sent me 3 of those Long Lost 1958 Pinar bales cigars. The one's availible through "Red Envelope". What a ripoff $75 for three 50% Pinar content cigars. I had one so I could tell the person 'Honestly' that I had tried one. It was the Queerest tasting cigar I have Ever had. It tasted Sour? It wasn't Just Bad it was Spectacularly Aweful. I had to brush my teeth 2 times to get that thick cloying taste out of my mouth! I won't even store those pigs with my regular Yard gars, for fear of contamination, Horrible. Well, I didn't tell them how bad they were only that "I am so picky about cigars that I'm tough to buy for" and thanked them repeatedly. It wasn't Their fault the cigars were crap.They tried very hard to do something nice for me. I really Appreciated That. We sometimes do not realize how far We've come from that first retail experience with Cigars. For someone not "In the Know" to try that hard to "Get Something Good for Ya" That's Special. So even though the smokes are Crapola, I honored the effort made by the person.

So, I have 2 50% 1958 Pinar region content cigars. Sooo, if there are two of them and both have 50% does that mean that with two I have 100%?;)

These will be EVENTUALLY a gag(truly Gagging!Cough! Choke!) gift somewhere down the line.

Hey Live and Learn!

NEXT!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
10 94 Upmann Regalias I bought at a charity auction. My wife and I were married in 94, so I will have one every anniversary for the next 10 years!!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Since we're going by the oldest:

I have 5 1970's Upmann Petite Coronas. They are old and smell like heaven!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I have several ERdM Panetalas Largas from the early 80's that I bought a few months ago from Jefslat. I plan on smoking one to toast the New Year.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I like tedski have about three of the pantelas largas from el rey del mundo, I think from 83 or 85, I smoked one and was suprised by the power this cigar still had.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I picked up a fiver of 70's Sir Winstons...although I only have 3 left...I might smoke my first one this afternoon :smt026 :smt026 :smt033

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Funny, i too have PINAR cigars. What a totally WRONG name.
"Hey, whats that ya smokin'?"
"Pinar 2000"
"Penis who???"
"nonono..."

Anyways... 70% of them are supposed to be cuban. They smell like perfume and i don't especially want to smoke em.

Aside from those...
I have recieved a couple of older gifts, probably the oldest being a 2000 Partagas Piramide EL
I don't especially want to smoke that either... only for an entirely different reason. If i DID ever see one again, i probably could'nt afford to buy it. It was a gift, and meant to be smoked, no, demanded to be smoked... but i guess some gifts just take a really special place in the humidor. Reserved seating for that real special occasion.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm sure you're talking about finer cigars but I just ran across this old cigar the other day and when I saw your post I had to chime in. I have an old "it's a boy" cigar that a friend gave me back in 1980 when his first son was born. I told him I would keep it until I had my first son and then give it back to him. It hasn't happened yet (at least that I've been aware of). I intend to stand by my word so I still have it. I think it's like a phillies or something. It's never been stored in a humi and at this point is the most hideous lookin' cigar you've ever seen.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My oldest are both gifts

I have a 1994 Upmann Regalia from Tubaman and a 1995 Partagas Londres Extra from Smokozuna.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gifted a 1991 Punch... that i just cant hold myself to smoke it... maybe save it for my first born, or something that requires a very high point in my life :)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For me it would be a '91 Monte Especial #1 that was gifted to me by Cigartexan(Jack).

Other than that, everything else I have probably doesn't date back much past 2002. I haven't been at it long enough seriously to have boxes that I purchased years ago, or had the funds to be able to buy boxes of aged cigars to rathole in the coolers for later consumption. Some day, when my train comes in :rolleyes: , I will splurge on some nice aged sticks if there are any to be had by then. :smt043