What's new

Your opinion on Leftovers

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just curious as to if you smoke "leftovers" or "relights" or whatever you call it, from yesterday's cigar. Recently I have found my smokes getting interrupted. Be it the girlfriend, the two year old, or just some other crap. So instead of leaving half an awesome stick in the ashtray, I started a rule for myself. If I lit a smoke and it gets put down because of something interrupting, and not because I didn't like it, before the band point. I have to finish that smoke before I light another. Or at least attempt to. I've had a couple that just sucked once relit the next day, but I have found that in general while the fist half inch or so usually tastes off once I'm past that the cigar is fine. Even then sometimes the whole thing is still good.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I do sometimes. Not preferred but it happens while driving where I end up with half left. I give a good purge and set it down. Some have been just fine

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Only if I purged and I am relighting within a few minutes. More than 10-15min I dont.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Esspecally in AZ, I've left two, when I came back to them the next day they felt like stone and didn't look that good anymore, tried to relite one and tasted bad, so if I don't finish a stick it joins the ash club in a bush in front of my patio haha

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If I need to do this I cut it about a half-inch past the cherry, seems to avoid the nasty flavors. Purging first is smart, too -- gonna try that next time. Ideally it would never be necessary.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Esspecally in AZ, I've left two, when I came back to them the next day they felt like stone and didn't look that good anymore, tried to relite one and tasted bad, so if I don't finish a stick it joins the ash club in a bush in front of my patio haha
Lmao. I'm noticing this! I may just have to start smoking smaller sticks.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
5'ers of Rothchildes in the For Sale section for cheap. Those are tasty and short.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
5'ers of Rothchildes in the For Sale section for cheap. Those are tasty and short.
Doug just bombed me quite a few of those! lol I have only had one a while back. I don't remember if I liked it. And I stocked up on tatuaje pcr's and veroucú's and papas Fritas and short story's and few others for the snack smokes part 2 pass.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I smoke half a stick at lunch (at work) and the other half after I get off. (Mostly because I'm poor..lol) the way I do it, if I'm going to relight is; put my flame to it while blowing out and burn off all of the built up oils (you will see a glowing large flame until it is gone) I then cut the cherry off to a fresh point of the cigar and proceed to purge any leftover smoke that's still inside the cigar. I know it sounds long and complicated but it's not. Some Stogies relight better than others but after a few puffs, they taste as good as new or close as it's going to get.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Maybe if this is happening often. You should save your cigars for when you have time and try smoking pipes for when you have less time. You can pack half bowls. Or if you get interrupted you can re light with out it effecting your experience.

If that isn't an option. Switch to shorter smokes. Papas fritas or something along those lines.

Just my .02 cents