What's new

Your opinion please

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been looking into purchasing a few books to enhance my love of this great hobby, but I am not sure which way to go first. There are so many books out there, so I figured I would ask you good folks for your opinions before I drop my cash.

I have been looking at the Perelman's guides and the Illustrated Encyclopedia of post revolution havana cigars as starting points.

Are there any other books that you would recommend I should add to my library? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I don't know so I'll join your question. I do know, that is supposed to be a great book, but I don't have the ways and means to smoke many habanos, should that matter?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Can't answer on Pearlmen's though I have heard good things about it, but for anyone with any interest at all in Cuban Cigars, MRN's encyclopedia is a must have.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Perelmans is good, cheap, and portable. MRN's book is awesome, will make you drool and probably cry, but is not really portable. Just covering all the bases. I have others, mostly about the history, industry, etc. but they leave something to be desired if you're looking for comprehensivity.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Perelmans is good, cheap, and portable. MRN's book is awesome, will make you drool and probably cry, but is not really portable. Just covering all the bases.
I noticed that it is a heafty book along with a heafty price. I may get the Perelman's first and put the MRN on a wish list for my wife as a gift for some holiday in the future.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cheapest I ever saw was a group buy for just under $100 if my memory serves me right. It's pricey, but worth it.
I don't doubt it, but I can't justify spending that much right now. Like I said, it is going to become a wish list gift my wife can buy for me for a future holiday.