What's new

Your Opinion Requested By SQUID

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Howdy,

I recently ran into the possibility of doing some of my lighters for a commercial enterprise. Since I've always been simply giving them away, I'm at a loss as to what type of pricing I would even be talking about. Therefore I'd like your opinions if y'all don't mind helping me out. I'm looking for your honest opinion as to what one of the all-band (no cedar) covered lighters should sell for at the retail level. (Most likely using a Bic rather than a no-name disposable lighter) Pretend that you really want one; what would you pay for it? Disregard what type of band is on the lighter, as I'm just looking for an average fair price.

Thanks in advance.

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The cigar bands will be the house-brand for this particular company, not using brand-name cigar bands. These won't be for sale, but are going to be given away by the company. Shouldn't be any copyright issues in this case.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Somewhere in the $5-$7 range seems about right based on the pictures I've seen, I think. If I were paying more than that, I would probably just want to go with a torch lighter.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That should clear up most of the copyright issues, I dont know how it would affect BIC but I would think it would not be that big of a deal

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Oh and for the question at hand.. i would say 4.95-6.95

If you go much higher than that, you are running into the price points of cheaper refillable lighters that arent just "novelty"... IMO of course

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks to everybody for replying. I decided on $2.50 each for this venture. It was going to be 350 lighters and they wanted them done in a rather short time. Apparently the vendor thought that since I give them away I'd be willing to invest that large an amount of time (about 150 to 200 hours total)for free, and give them the lighters. I think it was just a misunderstanding, but in any case it fell through...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Thanks to everybody for replying. I decided on $2.50 each for this venture. It was going to be 350 lighters and they wanted them done in a rather short time. Apparently the vendor thought that since I give them away I'd be willing to invest that large an amount of time (about 150 to 200 hours total)for free, and give them the lighters. I think it was just a misunderstanding, but in any case it fell through...
That sucks.

Who was the vendor?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
right.. why the hell would they expect you to put that much time and effort into something to donate the goods for their financial gain..

I could understand if they were a nonprofit doing it for charity but not for a for profit company..

But in any case that sucks, sorry to hear about it

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
yeah, they obviously did not think very hard about this venture. you never start a project without properly assessing the costs, especially labor.