What's new

Your Opinions

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I won some auctions last week an CBid, received my booty, and wanted to know what you guys thought about these cigars?
I received 2 fivers of the Gurkha Legend Torpedo and 17 (2 sixers and a fiver) of the Gurkha X-Fuerte Torpedo Grande.

I would go smoke one today but it's 24 degrees and sleeting. I have recently tried my first Tatuje and Pepin Black and really liked them.....how will these compare?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
the legend is a fantastic smoke! i have a few well-aged perfectos and torpedos left. i've only had one of the new x's. a very solid smoke!

jeff

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The Legends and the X-Fuerte will not be as full bodied as the Tats and Pepins. However, they will offer a full flavor, medium body smoke. The legend series of Gurkha is one of their finest IMHO. The Anniversario being the better of all the vitolas and the Torpedo next. These deliver a creamy, cocoa/toasty flavor with a good volume of smoke. I feel the legend is constructed a little better than the X-Fuerte. The X-Fuerte, which is a misnomer IMO, delivers a similar flavor but more on the toasty side and the same volume of smoke. The wrapper on the X is more delicate IMO. There have been many discussions on the wrapper cracking during the smoke even to the point where it totally unwraps throughout the smoke. I personally would let these sit for 3-4 weeks, then keep the bands on as long as you can while smoking....this helps keep the wrapper intact. Don't know what you paid for these, but if you got the Legends and X-Fuerte for $4/stick, you did just fine. The Torpedo in the X is my favorite vitola. Enjoy and make sure you set aside enough time to smoke them because their flavor lasts the entire smoke.

Sam

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Sarnone is the Gurkha man! I was planning on smoking a Gurkha today but it's windy and cold!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My booty should be here today or tomorrow of pretty much the same thing...

Mike gonna be a little lighter than the strong stuff that you typically enjoy, but still full flavored and full bodied enough to satisfy...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
The Legends and the X-Fuerte will not be as full bodied as the Tats and Pepins. However, they will offer a full flavor, medium body smoke. The legend series of Gurkha is one of their finest IMHO. The Anniversario being the better of all the vitolas and the Torpedo next. These deliver a creamy, cocoa/toasty flavor with a good volume of smoke. I feel the legend is constructed a little better than the X-Fuerte. The X-Fuerte, which is a misnomer IMO, delivers a similar flavor but more on the toasty side and the same volume of smoke. The wrapper on the X is more delicate IMO. There have been many discussions on the wrapper cracking during the smoke even to the point where it totally unwraps throughout the smoke. I personally would let these sit for 3-4 weeks, then keep the bands on as long as you can while smoking....this helps keep the wrapper intact. Don't know what you paid for these, but if you got the Legends and X-Fuerte for $4/stick, you did just fine. The Torpedo in the X is my favorite vitola. Enjoy and make sure you set aside enough time to smoke them because their flavor lasts the entire smoke.

Sam

very nice description of the flavor! esp. the toasty X. more tobacco flavor, less complex than the legend!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Gurkha has been hit or miss for me. I have always enjoyed the Legends and Class Regents.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
still aint smoked a Gurkha.......just havent had the time. got several and theyre just too big for the time i have to smoke. dont they make a PC???? :rofl: