What's new

Your perfect dinner/drink/smoke?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tonight I'll be dining at Mastro's steakhouse. I'm going to have the Chefs Cut 22OZ New York Strip, medium rare. Sides will be cauliflower au gratin, gorgonzola mac&cheese, and maybe oysters.

After dinner, its man-cave time. Jack and coke, with a Don Pepin JJ maduro.

I have one of these nights about once every 6 weeks, I wish I could afford it more often!

Whats your perfect dining/drinking/smoking combo?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
sounds great!

Filet Mignon and lobster, and more lobster, yep! you guessed it! more lobster! Ice cold corona beer to start,,, a great red zin w/dinner, and a real old scotch w/ my cohiba sublime!!

then tomorrow will be something different....

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I love Korean BBQ, so today instead of going out to eat, I finally found the perfect table top grill, I am so excited. it's a DeLonghi, I have been looking for the perfect grill for months.

so tonight, my new girl and me are having, filet mignon, rib eye and new york steak, cut in thin strips, some of it marinated, and we will grill it right on the table, as sides, different kinds of mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, corn, salad , a nice bottle of Groth cab, then for dessert, 2 fingers of Balvenie, double wood and and 80th anniversary Padron maduro.

if that doesn't have great sunday written all over it!!!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That sounds awesome Sascha!

Dinner was awesome, we finished up with chocolate sin cake.

I just lit up my JJ maduro, but realized my friends drank the rest of my Jack last night.

Damnit.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Grilled skirt steak (marinated in hoison, plum sauce, chimichuri, whiskey) served with Criollo fried rice and pan fried sweet plaintain...washed down with a Brunello de Montecello 1999...then a Remy VSOP with a Gurkha Gengis Khan or a Monte Edmundo!

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
My favorite dinner, drink and smoke....

Free, Free and Free...................

My second favorite is:

Italian Wedding soup, Salad with Italian dressing and crumbly Bleu Cheese, Veal Parm with a side of Gnocchi, coffee and Spumoni all followed by a Diplomatico #2.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I've not gone so far s to match cigars with food, but after any good meal, any good cigar is fantastic.

However, i'll throw this out there...

2" thick new york strip seasoned with fresh black pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion pwder and cumin powder then locked in with bacon grease. Allow the grease to cool and thicken once on the meat. Season both sides. Put on super hot grill and allow the flames to burn high and bright. Allow to burn for 'bout 3 minutes until the flames settle down a bit and the smoke is done burning black a tire fire. Flip and allow the other side to flame up and burn high and bright for another 3 minutes. Flip again in the opposite direction to get the perfect grill marks. Let cook for 4 mintues, flip again.

Serve with grilled asparagus marinated in equal parts of olive oil, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Season with kosher salt, freshly gournd black pepper and garlic powder to taste.

1994 Freemark Abbey Merlot or 1997 Shafer Cabernet

Cabiaguan Guapo, Tat Verocu or Tat Cojonu

Dessert...I go to the "Y" for the all you can eat buffet. :wink:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Well, it wasn't a New York Strip, but it was good none the less. Fresh too. Butchered from a steer i bought last week. Prepared as decribed above

Here's the beef!!

Here's the beef with the seasonings

Here's the beef with seasonings and the cooled bacon grease. Yummmy

Searing on the grill

And the grill marks. These didn't turn out so well. i was a bit distracted making the sides, but you can see a couple. cooked to medium rare

The plate with sides...all picked this morning...silver queen sweet corn, roma tomatoes with kosher salt, ground pepper, parmesan cheese and balsamic dressing, cucumbers with ranch and zuchini sauted in butter with onion and parmesan. Yummy

Washed it all down with this.

Finished it all off with an Ashton ESG 20 yr on the golf course with the wife and daughter. Mostly just a practice session for me while the ladies belted balls all over the place.

Sorry, no pics of that.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Damn Gale,
My mouth is watering looking at those pics. That would do just fine!

Well, it wasn't a New York Strip, but it was good none the less. Fresh too. Butchered from a steer i bought last week. Prepared as decribed above

Here's the beef!!

Here's the beef with the seasonings

Here's the beef with seasonings and the cooled bacon grease. Yummmy

Searing on the grill

And the grill marks. These didn't turn out so well. i was a bit distracted making the sides, but you can see a couple. cooked to medium rare

The plate with sides...all picked this morning...silver queen sweet corn, roma tomatoes with kosher salt, ground pepper, parmesan cheese and balsamic dressing, cucumbers with ranch and zuchini sauted in butter with onion and parmesan. Yummy

Washed it all down with this.

Finished it all off with an Ashton ESG 20 yr on the golf course with the wife and daughter. Mostly just a practice session for me while the ladies belted balls all over the place.

Sorry, no pics of that.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Let it be known my wife thinks i'm a total fruit cake...taking detailed pics of a tuesday night dinner. a 17 hour beef brisket she can understand, but not this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dude, your making me hungry:drool::drool: That game/cookout/smokeout is looking more inviting everytime you send out a post like this. You must be quite the Grill Master.