What's new

Youth Soccer

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Any of you guys put your kids in soccer this year? My daughter turned 5 yesterday and it is her second week of soccer. SHE DOMINATES HER TEAM!!:stretchgr And that is not just DAD talking. She is faster, and more agresive than anyone out there. She's not scared of falling or getting her feet tangled up while stealing the ball from someone. Her ball handleing skills are that of a 5 year old, but she can decide where she wants to run a kick in that direction. We worked a bit after practice on passing and she can pass left and right at a full run. I'm sure it didn't hurt that we have been teaching her to kick since she could stand, but also the differnce in a soccer ball and any other type of ball. She has always been told "NO HANDS" with a soccer ball, so she is comfortable using her feet to get a ball away from a tight spot. She wants to play every free second of the day. She even asked if she could bring her ball with her to church. My wife is going to freak out when she sees the box containing the 6 new soccer balls I just ordered for her and I to practice with. Oh yeah I ordered a ball bag, some new socks and some cones for her as well. And I am going to fill the spot of the loud mouthed Assistant coach. I am so freaking amped I can't stand still.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Haha - I'm right with ya - My 6 year old is two weeks into his soccer career & he already has me looking up youtube videos of great soccer moments! LOL...

He's doing really well - He likes it alot!

I have him in Karate too - He does pretty well in that too, but he is no way near as enthuised about karate as he is about soccer.

Soccer practice tonight at 6pm.
(I guess I'm officially a 'soccer-Dad' now!)

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Here is the site I'm looking at for gear.

http://soccer.epicsports.com/

Customer service seems good. I've called the guy 3 times already and he was more than willing to spend some time with me on the phone explaing the difference between the balls I was looking at. Or which pump was best for my needs. The prices seem great compared to even against EBAY. Be careful because some of the prices are based on bulk rates. I'm buying a killer looking pink and purple ball, for $6.99 but I have to buy 6 of them. That's OK though, we need some extras so we don't have to chase them all the time.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
We were told to have a #3 ball & shin guards.

So we stopped at Dicks Sporting Goods & they had a special going for: the ball, shin-guards, socks, cleats & a bag to carry it in all for $40 - we bought a pair of 'soccer shorts' & he got a tee-shirt from the team - he's good to go & lookin the part!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Yeah I didn't know about the ball, so I had to go buy one right before practice, and we got the last #3 in the store. Blue and Yellow was not exactly what she wanted. So I decided to find sone pink balls that were affordable. Well $100 later, and way more than a pink ball, I may be sleeping on the couch.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
cool!! have fun Dad!!

the first year my daughter wanted to play (7) i signed up for 'other help needed.' they called me and told me i was the head coach and who was on my team! i asked them two questions: how many players on the team; how many on the field at any given time? their response: you're kidding, right? nope. didn't know anything about soccer until that moment! so i got myself a great asst. coach!

it was a hoot nonetheless, and we were one goal away from making the playoffs (finished 3rd overall).