What's new

YouTube of me loading some 5.56 ammo on Lee Turret Press

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey, guys, long time gun nut here, but first post in this section. Some buddies on another forum were curious about how the Lee Turret Press works, and I decided it was time I learned how to post a YouTube vid. Silly, I know, but this is my first Youtube video. Ever. :D

In the video I think I say I can load 200 per hour on that thing. Prior I had only used it for pistol ammo and can do 200 pistol rounds per hour. But for some reason the 5.56 seems to go a bit slower, so I'd say 150 rounds per hour is about right.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey JC, I've got the same press. I'm pretty happy with it, but you're right, the primer feeder is finicky. I have to overrun the sizer/decapper die in, to shorten the stroke up a little, to hit the right spot for it to feed well. I haven't used it for any rifle rounds yet. Good video.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes, Pappy, I've tried it all--trimmed the mounting hole in the bracket to change the angle, used extra washers to raise the mount, took one out to lower it, coated the moving parts in graphite. It's not a precision made thing, unlike, say, their powder measures, which are much better pieces of kit. I have no doubt that some folks get them running perfectly, but enough have continuing issues with them, like I did, that it is about the only thing Lee makes that I can say is unreliable. Anyway, not having it does not slow me down at all.

I did a run yesterday with a stool, plastic parts bins to keep parts organized and at hand, and got into my groove, and without rushing, did 100 rounds in 33 minutes. So that's about a 180 rounds/hour run rate at a comfortable pace. I am a little faster with pistol. Every time I think of getting a Dillon, I just cannot justify it. Love this press!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, finally got this thing dialed in, after building the new bench with my son and moving our reloading from garage to basement. I use loading trays when doing single-stage work on precision rounds, but got these bins for bulk work at the turret press. This is the setup that got me to the 180 rounds/hour rate.

And a couple hundred rounds later, voila! Would love to have a true progressive, but I get to shoot so much less than I want to, every time I get in a groove on this thing, my desire for the progressive kind of wanes.