What's new

Zafra Rum

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Ok, had some of this new rum , which I never heard of until yesterday. Very smooth and great!

Zafra Master Reserve 21 year old rum will be distributed by Southern Wine and Spirits with a suggested retail price of US$39.99. This 80 proof spirit is expected to be in stores by late October, 2009.

Dana Importers is best known for introducing the Zacapa line of fine rums from Guatemala to the U.S. market in 2001.

According to principals of Dana, Zafra Master Reserve is the result of working with Mr. Francisco "Don Pancho" Fernandez, a world-renowned master distiller and blender to create the finest premium rum from select Panamanian reserves. The company expects the product to be well received among rum enthusiasts and upscale venues, with strong endorsements from leading rum experts around the world.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, had some of this new rum , which I never heard of until yesterday. Very smooth and great!

Zafra Master Reserve 21 year old rum will be distributed by Southern Wine and Spirits with a suggested retail price of US$39.99. This 80 proof spirit is expected to be in stores by late October, 2009.

Dana Importers is best known for introducing the Zacapa line of fine rums from Guatemala to the U.S. market in 2001.

According to principals of Dana, Zafra Master Reserve is the result of working with Mr. Francisco "Don Pancho" Fernandez, a world-renowned master distiller and blender to create the finest premium rum from select Panamanian reserves. The company expects the product to be well received among rum enthusiasts and upscale venues, with strong endorsements from leading rum experts around the world.

Thanks Bill. I'm mainly into bourbons but I want to start getting into some decent sipping rums. I'll have to check this one out once I'm working again.
Is it in the stores now or did you mean 2010?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm digging up old threads today looking at RUM!

This may be my favorite rum, it's a toss up between this and the other 2 Z's - Zacapa and Zaya. If you like bourbon and are interested in trying rum this is a good transition, you get all the excellent rum characteristics and also the oakiness of a good aged borubon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between this and Ron Zacapa...You cannot go wrong. Simply put, besides Buffalo Trace, this is some of the best sipping/pairing libations out there.