What's new

Zederkoff Hygrometers

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just received 4 of them (the square model) and really not impressed. The salt test is giving me readings of 69, 69 and 68 percent. They have only been in the ziplock for 12 hours. Can I expect them to get true or is it time to request a return? I don't think I can adjust them so maybe I just got a bad batch?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I imagine it'll be Tuesday before the supplier gets back to me anyway. Thanks for the response

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I have a couple of those, salt test said they were way off. Put them in a zip lock with a boveda and they were right on. Not sure if I messed up the salt test or what. If you have a boveda laying around give that a try.

nestornajwa

Nestornajwa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to Zederkoff when the Xikars lost their ability to manually adjust their readings. I did the salt test and the Boveda test on all of them and it's rare to find one that's spot-on. But they never vary by more than a few percentage points (and they are easy to read through a glass door, which is nice). I just label them with the number of points to add or subtract, and they are consistent. Between that and labeling my pipe tobacco jars, my Brother P Touch label maker is invaluable.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Opie May be a pretty good plan, have the bovedas!!
Nestor I've been using the Accurite meters from Walmart and after they get settled in they seem to be pretty accurate and consistent.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I got 3 and they are all off....i put all 3 in a big mason jar with a 69% Boveda. 24 hours later, check them and wrote with a sharpie....+2, -3, whatever they were off and just threw them in. It's not perfect, but the Boveda is what I trust they are just for a quick reference.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tried the Boveda test with some 62% packs the hygrometers are right on the money. Tried the salt test expecting 75% and they read in the upper 60's so I guess they're just not so good at higher humidity. I use mainly Kitty Litter in my storage and if I remember correctly KL should read at 65. Next test will be to mark the discrepancy of the hygro's at 65.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I tested mine (3) with boveda packs and they were off +/-2 or 3. I put a piece of tape on the back of each one with how much they were off and just know to adjust the number in my head when I check them.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yep they ended up being fairly close when in the lower humidity ranges, when testing higher humidity I'm getting a good bit of error. I normally run my humidors with KL so they're probably accurate enough for what I'm doing. I also think these needed 3 days to recover from shipping.

Thanks for all the advice guys.