What's new

Zip Lock Bags??

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Ok well with all this mold talk withthe sharks going on, I thought it might be best to Isolate my shark, even though I have had no mold on any of my cigars. I thought it might be best to zip lock some of my cigars. Such as my Opus X's and my Ediction De Silvos. Should I zip lockmy selection of cubans too? What are the benifits or draw backs of zip locking you Cigars? Let me know your thoughts please...:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Plastic baggies still breathe, just at a slower rate a box or cab would. It slows down the aging process significantly since the cigar can't oxidize as normal.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok well with all this mold talk withthe sharks going on, I thought it might be best to Isolate my shark, even though I have had no mold on any of my cigars. I thought it might be best to zip lock some of my cigars. Such as my Opus X's and my Ediction De Silvos. Should I zip lockmy selection of cubans too? What are the benifits or draw backs of zip locking you Cigars? Let me know your thoughts please...:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Lots of people keep their singles sealed in plastic baggies, inside their humidor...shouldn't be a problem at all.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The plastic will cause any mold spores to grow quicker if anything. Besides, the Spanish Cedar does contain subtle chemical traces which mold doesn't really like, so if it were me, I'd keep them in a cigar box. Within the next month I'm going to be doing a few experiments with mold on cigars, and I'll post the gruesome results here.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I like to let my cigars breath. All cabs or cedar boxes, and a couple of Oust fans.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
If you are concerned about any possible mold spreading to other cigars, keep them in the ziplock. I keep many of my singles in bags, no harm at all in it.