What's new

Zippo problem

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love the look of the Zippo. So much so that I boughtone of the dual flame Zippos and when it was faulty I bought another. It too was faulty so I bought another but they were all faulty. The sparker works and the gas flows but it won't light or it lights for one second and goes out. I have tried adjusting the gas flow. Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere here.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Have you contacted Zippo about the problem? They have a lifetime guarantee on their lighters and will even service 50 year old lighters. Many Zippo retailers will just exchange a faulty lighter with a new one and will take care of shipping to Zippo for repair or replacement. I take it your lighters have the dual flame butane insert?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes they are the dual flame inserts and are the Zippo brand. You can also buy no-name brands.
I contacted Zippo and since you can't mail a lighter with fuel in it they said keep it and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. That's great customer service but the one they sent did the same thing. I have 3 of them now and none of them work. I'm thinking it could be poor quality butane but the refill butane I have works in my other lighters.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The inserts I went with are by Vector they are KGB Thunderbird w/ Piezo ignition. The Piezo has a single torch and a soft flame. The other is soft w/a flint. The seller I used does have other inserts.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I tried turning it down, up and in between, and that's with all 3 lighters.

I'd b e curious if any BOTL own the dual jet and if it works well for them.
I have 2 and they both work well. I would say to check the gas flow, it doesn't take much to adjust it.
Watch cigarmonster, there is another brand of insert that's on sale pretty often

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bruce have you tried to purge the faulty lighters ? Take a small Philips screwdriver and press down on the refill stem and see if you get air or butane. If it is air let out until you get butane. If it stops letting out air before you get butane, refill with butane and do it again until you get butane.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The thing about the Vector torch/soft I like is when you depress the ignition you get the torch. When you release it you get the soft.

.. queue to action

How to fix the Zippo Butane lighter to make it work better.