What's new

Zmilin's Wineadore build (New Air 180E)

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well shit! Power has been out for a while here. (Im using my phone as a hotspot for my laptop).
Now I think I need to add a battery back up to hold memory for my ETC without triggering it to try and send power where it won't be used. This outta be interesting.

Then again, I should probably wire up the ETC :|

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
*UPDATE 10-26*

Not much has changed drastically. I had an issue with the ETC showing me an error so I had to order another temp sensor. That resolved the issue and its all wired in now. Ill monitor it for a few days and see how its working but I don't expect it to really kick in much as its much cooler now that it has been.

Here are some pics I wanted to get up to show whats been done...

Full back shot with the metal cover removed. You can see the grey wire at the top left (next to the circuit board) exiting the back. Thats the temp sensor entrance point.

The new temp sensor installed and operational. :applause:

A close up with the sealant I used. Its something we used to call "monkey snot". Its used in car audio installation to seal and is very pliable. It never hardens up and is easy to work with. I used it both inside and out on all penetration points (one for the temp sensor and one for the drain hose).

Tube feeding from the drain back into the wineador

Tube feeding from the drain back into the tray o beads

My door was sagging a bit so while I was inside of the wineador I took a closer look. Seems the lower door mount was not snug. I snugged it up and now the door is nice and even again.

In case anyone wants to know... Items used for the above mods:
- Watts 3/8OD x 1/4ID Poly Tubing: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-3-8-in-x-1-4-in-x-25-ft-Polyethylene-Tubing-SPGE25/202257565
- Monkey Snot sealant: http://www.parts-express.com/12-speaker-sealing-caulk-box-of-72-pcs--260-400
- ETC from eBay seller: fands71 I mention them specifically because when I emailed them to tell them the ETC may be bad and only wanted to know what my options were they refunded me immediately and apologized. I emailed back today stating the sensor I purchased form another seller was the issue and they told me not to worry about it. They had a few ETCs left over and they were cheap, used but cheap.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The final step has arrived today... my Drawers by John of John's Woodwork.
I originally ordered three drawers and two shelves but added a fourth drawer as my stick count is high and my box count is low. I hope to be able to change that soon...or not.
Anyway... pics are always fun so here we go:

Box was in good shape and surprisingly light.

Great packing... Lots of popcorn and each drawers individually wrapped then all held together by some plastic wrap.

My first look. Smooooth baby, smooooth!

Side view, you can see the rounded edges, lack go glue goop, nice deep tenons (I think thats what they are called) and overall superb construction.

Here are some more detail shots for you woodworking geeks.

And finally the goods installed and ready for seasoning.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
The final step has arrived today... my Drawers by John of John's Woodwork.
I originally ordered three drawers and two shelves but added a fourth drawer as my stick count is high and my box count is low. I hope to be able to change that soon...or not.
Anyway... pics are always fun so here we go:

Box was in good shape and surprisingly light.

Great packing... Lots of popcorn and each drawers individually wrapped then all held together by some plastic wrap.

My first look. Smooooth baby, smooooth!

Side view, you can see the rounded edges, lack go glue goop, nice deep tenons (I think thats what they are called) and overall superb construction.

Here are some more detail shots for you woodworking geeks.

And finally the goods installed and ready for seasoning.

Damn, he does fine work!
*jealous*

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Those drawers look amazing. Great woodwork. This post has been a great help as I have been looking more into a wineador as time passes. Once I make my decision and purchases, I'm sure the lightbulbs will go off and I'll be referring back to this post with my questions.