What's new

Has anyone ever interviewed with Google?

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Last month I earned my Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and updated this on my LinkedIn profile, as well as Indeed.
I was contacted by a recruiter last week who requested an interview to discuss roles with Google.
Now, I know this is an initial phone screening. I also know that about 5% of applicants get a call and that less than 1% of those candidates land a project or product management role.
However, if you know me, you know I’ve had some incredible odds in my favor at times, and that I am an intelligent, outside the box thinker with a successful background across several industries.
In order to be the most prepared, I want to cover my bases and see if anyone here has ever interviewed for a role with Google, or works for Google, and can offer some insight.
If not, thanks for reading!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The phone interview was great.
A lot of questions about my experience before explaining the role.
It is for a Technical Product Manager position, and the recruiter liked that I have Oracle ERP experience.
He said he’s recommending me foe the next step; a technical phone interview with a Google product manager.
In order to be prepared, I purchased 2 books:

Decode and Conquer - an interview prep book for product management

Swipe to Unlock - a book about current and emerging tech and it’s use/impact/how it works.

Time to retreat to the upstairs office and start studying!

If anyone here is a product manager, let me know if I can message you with a few questions!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
DONOR
Rating - 100%
395   0   0
Not necessarily tech related but I was a product manager at a major industrial distributor for about 6 years.

Feel free to shoot me a message with any questions you may have.