What's new

New Used Truck

Dran

"That guy"
DONOR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
And CigarGavin makes a good point. To a large extent, a 2WD with a good driver can go decently far off-road. I've seen plenty of 4WD trucks get brutally stuck because the driver thought that shifting into 4H is apparently a cheat code against gravity, common sense, and vehicle weight. I'm looking at YOU all those F-350s with pipe steel bumpers who buried yourselves in the sand at the beach and flailed about like beached whales...

I have legitimately needed 4x4 maybe three times? I love having it handy as a "just in case" for sure, but I've driven through some gnarly stuff without ever really needing to flip it into 4WD.
Had a blizzard back when I lived in Ohio ~2009. I was driving an '88 Honda Accord, and I had an "essential" job that I still had to drive to. So... There I am, driving with nearly bald tires through 2 ft of snow, in a car that the roof is about 3.5' tall. I'm going about 15 down the highway, and a big F350 4×4 with chains zooms past going about 45..... A mile down the road, he's in the ditch trying to flag me down! I would normally have stopped to help a stranded motorist.... But if I stopped, I wasn't gonna start moving again!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dran

"That guy"
DONOR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just noticed this is from last year. Oopseedaisies. Well I hope its running good for you!
Nothing wrong with it! Still love her, even though she's only gotten about 2k miles put on her. 14mpg isn't near enough to drive very often. Especially when my '14 civic gets ~35

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk