What's new

Which NC’s to Age?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That’s funny, I would almost completely agree with him. Tat broadleaf hits its peak around 2 years in most cases. The ‘17 TAA is amazing right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cant speak for Tat broadleaf 'broadly'(lol) as I only have experience with Tatuaje Casita Criolla(which have gotten way better with age IMO)

But I was mostly talking about the Hererra Esteli and Illusione Epernay. I've found that fresh from the box, both are good. However they get way better with age!
I first found this, when i compared a epernay from around 2015 or so, to a box I had bought in 2016. The 2015 with the year of age was way better. A year later in 2016, my 1 year aged epernay were comparable I found. But, YMMV. The same experience has occured with the Hererra estelli, amongst other blends. IMO NC cigars tend to get more smooth a little more mild, and a lot more complex with age.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to give a very controversial opinion but I'm going to say it anyway because in my experience it's true.

There are VERY few cigars in general that are worth the aging investment unless they are a big nic bomb or a harsh flavor. Chemical compounds break down with time and only very subtly change. How much you can perceive it is also very subjective. I have intentionally (and unintentionally. lol) aged many cigars well over the 5+ year mark, great yello on the cello and all, but most of the time I find myself regretting not smoking it years earlier.
I stopped intentionally trying to age cigars years ago because it is a waste of space. NC are generally ready to smoke when shipped to consumers (obv some incubation time required; 2-4 weeks is good enough - I do 4 weeks).

The only exception I would say to aging is Cuban cigars because, frankly, they ship with tobacco that is way too young and needs more time to develop.